scangauge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb scangauge?

Anyone using a scangauge in their FEH? (www.scangauge.com)? Pros or cons? Worth the investment or just another toy? I don't have the Hybrid Energy Flow with Audiophile and Nav system in mine '06 AWD), so depend on the battery gauge/message center for MTE/Instant Econ, etc. One advantage to the scanguage seems to be that you can monitor water temp, but that's a MIGHTY expensive temperature gauge!

Old 02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: scangauge?

There are several people here who own one.

GaryG, one of the best people to talk to about it; if he's still here.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Haven't seen Gary around lately (on this site) but you could probably look in his profile and send him an email - I'm sure he would be happy to tell you all about the scangauge.

I have been planning on buying one too - it has a lot of features and I'm sure it will pay for itself in no time with the improved mileage.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:49 AM

For $129, the scangauge it worth every penny. You can look at the manual on the site to see all what it does. The trip information, instant MPG, engine load, coolant temp, you name it, its a good buy. It can scan for trouble codes and reset warning lights on most car sold in the US since 1996. In addition, it plugs in above the brake pedal and can be installed in a few minutes. I have both the scangauge and the Nav sys. The engine load helps me accelerate to get the best FE posible.

Take a look at my miles to empty (MTE) at the bottom of my page before I got the scangauge, and now I'm at 700 MTE with almost 19,000 miles.

GaryG

Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: scangauge?

Thanks, Gary...I posted before I searched the site and finally found a longggg thread with a number of comments by you about the Scangauge. Based on input from you and others, and a direct reply from Ron himself at Scanguage, a unit is on its way to me!

Old 02-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I have one also, and I think it is worth it. Just for the "fun" of finding things out, even if you don't shoot for 700 mile tanks!

Old 02-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Enthusiast

Gary and John...

How did you mount your Scanguage? I'd like to offset it to the left of center, over by the driver's front doorpost, so that its not RIGHT in my line of sight...also based on S/O's request as well, as she says she'll "never use it"...

Old 02-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Mine is attached with ( provided ) velcro to the side beam, on the left, and to the dashboard on the right.
See the photos below:

A bit closer:

With the aid of a blunt object, the wire can be pressed under the rubber weather strip in the door jam, making it nearly invisible, secure, and tucked out of the way.
-John

Old 03-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Megageek

I managed to tuck the wire on mine between the A-column and the dash and then it runs along between the windshield and dash so the wire is completely hidden all the way to the center of the dash where it sits behind my FD blue light.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast

LOL....let the "scanning" begin! VERY easy setup and after playing around with it a bit, pretty intuitive.

Installed mine like {gps} did, over on the left side next to the pillar. Scored a small bracket from the radio tech at work, and after a little "fabbing", one would be hard pressed to tell that the Scangauge wasn't a factory installed option. My wife says it looks a little "40's art deco-ish" with the faceplate design, but she'll get used to it...she says she doesn't really care WHAT it does...she's more of a "get in it and drive" person...whilst I've become a bit of a "hybrid head" like a lot of you and enjoy exploring what the FEH can do.

Thanks for the help and advice, and recommending it in the first place...something tells me the company will be getting more orders based on recommendations from this site. Sounds like they ought to offer a bit of a "kick" to Jason (for having the site in the first place) and to those folks who recommend the unit!

Quick Reply: scangauge?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands