Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Scangauge daisy chain cable (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/scangauge-daisy-chain-cable-29010/)

us035976 07-30-2013 08:01 AM

Scangauge daisy chain cable

For anyone who has daisy chained two scangauges together - what did you use for the cable between the two scangauges? Looks like standard RJ45 jacks and plugs to me.
I was thinking of making my own really short cable to daisy chain two of them together. I have the tools for making ethernet cables so I'm good to go there. Has anyone tried a standard ethernet cable to connect two of them?

GaryG 07-30-2013 08:19 AM

Re: Scangauge daisy chain cable

Originally Posted by us035976 (Post 249163)
For anyone who has daisy chained two scangauges together - what did you use for the cable between the two scangauges? Looks like standard RJ45 jacks and plugs to me.
I was thinking of making my own really short cable to daisy chain two of them together. I have the tools for making ethernet cables so I'm good to go there. Has anyone tried a standard ethernet cable to connect two of them?

I used a standard ethernet cable and I ordered it on-line (2") for $3.

Gary

us035976 07-30-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG (Post 249164)
I used a standard ethernet cable and I ordered it on-line (2") for $3.

Gary

:) Thanks for the info. My second scangauge is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Then I can make up a nice short unobtrusive cable.

us035976 07-31-2013 07:36 PM

Unsuccessful on this first try.... I got my second scangauge and cannot get two of them working at the same time. Either one work fine by itself and occasionally both will work, but nothing consistently.
I have a query in to the scangauge people and am awaiting a reply.
To anyone who has 2 scangauges working together, are they the same firmware revision? Mine are a 4.06 and the second one I just got is a 3.01

wptski 08-01-2013 04:46 AM

PM BillyK24, he has three connected together IIRC.

us035976 08-01-2013 06:17 PM

I got it working. When I originally set it up I was using a very short (about 3") cable I had made up. I got it working fine when I made a longer (about 10") cable. All is good now.