ScanGauge Data Depository

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: ScanGauge Data Depository

What is the x-gauge coding for "hybrid battery discharge" that some people refer to as "AMP"? The gauges listed at Linear Logic for the FEH don't list one with the name "AMP." The only gauges they have with values expressed in amps are Charge Limit (MxC) and Discharge Limit (MxD). Is one of these what is being referred to here?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Name:  fehSCANGUAGE4WDCODES.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  127.1 KB

Hope this helps you obtain the 4wd scanguage code.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

Finally after seven years of owning my '05 FEH and reading the first mention of a ScanGauge (and always wanting one) talked the little lady to let me buy one. I have Version 6.1 and all works terrific except when I put in the posted specific XGauge codes - and well nothing!.
Don't know if the data they have posted now is correct for the old '05 - just wondering if anyone has data that works on the newer ScanGauge II and the old '05 especially data on the Traction Motor and Battery.
If anyone would post the data they are using for say SOC then I can cross check it with what they have posted now for the FEH specific codes and might see a pattern of something that might have changed from '05 to now.
Dropped Linear Logic two emails on the subject but guess they are not the small company that the owner answered the phone per GaryG and others.

Thanks - Phillip

Thanks - Phillip

Last edited by VietVet'67; 04-25-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 PM

Name:  scanguagenumbers001Largee-mailview.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  147.6 KB
All of these work with my 2005 FEH and scanguages that are an older version than yours. Are you programming the numbers correctly?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

Thanks Billy - They have changed many of the code numbers and I can't yet find any rhyme or reason. Sometime it is the TXD and others the MTH. You can go and check your post against theirs at http://www.scangauge.com/support/x-g...cific-xgauges/ and scroll down to Escape Hybrid and see for yourself. I knew I had input them correctly as per there data - but for the '05 and maybe higher - there are some that have changed. Without your help and list I would still be scratching my head. Will input them tomorrow and tell you the results.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

A question just because I am curious. Can you modify the preset gauge parameters? Has anyone used a provisional power supply to activate the ScanGauge II and then run a CAT5 to the computer and try to peak inside? Always wondering 'How does it do that'?
Phillip

Old 06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Cheapskate
Default Mounting

For several years, I've had my SGII mounted in my Toyota Sienna, velcro attached in front of the speedometer. There was enough visibility that it really only blocked one idiot light, so it was not a bad solution (despite the occasional annoyance of the wire not having an ideal location).

I recently replaced the Sienna with a 2006 FEH. Trying the location I'm used to proved problematic; too much information obscured. After a search, I found my (almost) ideal solution: the BlendMount.

I'll try to post a picture later, but it truly is a seamless install and looks exactly like the Amazon picture. The wire runs under the headliner, down the A-pillar to the OBD-II plug. Interestingly, the original SGII wire I received when I purchased about 3 years back was the perfect length, but a replacement I picked up recently was about 1-2 inches shorter and not quite long enough. Even in that case, the BlendMount includes a Cat5 extension cable, so the only downside would be finding a place to put the coiled extra wire.

The only reason I rate the BlendMount as "almost" ideal is that I do think it's a bit overpriced. But I don't regret the purchase, so I guess I'm contradicting myself!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Enthusiast

didn't see the bit about no questions, nevermind

Last edited by dabs; 10-11-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Please be aware that there are TWO versions of the codes for cylinder head temperature (CHT) out there on the web. One has been determined to be 'slightly' better than the other. The one that appears better (closer to reality) is:

07E0221624
CHT

I suggest that to keep comparisions between cars "apples to apples" we all use the codes above.

Also, here is a good example of why MPG goes down in winter.
MxD = maximum discharge (green) MxC = maximum charge (pink)
The "peak" is at 95'F.
I used these settings with my new ScanGaugeII and get readings starting at 12.6 and going up slightly after starting the engine. (Air temp ~60, engine temp ~100 at the time) I have programmed a couple of other XGauges and they all seem to be correct, so I'm sure I'm entering the parameters correctly.
Any idea what's wrong.
NEVER MIND.... I was playing around setting up some other XGauges this afternoon and re-did this one and now it looks like it works.

Last edited by us035976; 10-18-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Default Re: Mounting

Originally Posted by elborak
For several years, I've had my SGII mounted in my Toyota Sienna, velcro attached in front of the speedometer. There was enough visibility that it really only blocked one idiot light, so it was not a bad solution (despite the occasional annoyance of the wire not having an ideal location).

I recently replaced the Sienna with a 2006 FEH. Trying the location I'm used to proved problematic; too much information obscured. After a search, I found my (almost) ideal solution: the BlendMount.

I'll try to post a picture later, but it truly is a seamless install and looks exactly like the Amazon picture. The wire runs under the headliner, down the A-pillar to the OBD-II plug. Interestingly, the original SGII wire I received when I purchased about 3 years back was the perfect length, but a replacement I picked up recently was about 1-2 inches shorter and not quite long enough. Even in that case, the BlendMount includes a Cat5 extension cable, so the only downside would be finding a place to put the coiled extra wire.

The only reason I rate the BlendMount as "almost" ideal is that I do think it's a bit overpriced. But I don't regret the purchase, so I guess I'm contradicting myself!
I mount mine on the right side of the cluster, below the speedometer. The only light it blocks is the green "moving ready" light (which indicates the vehicle is capable of movement), and up to about 8 MPH on the speedometer. I find it easy to glance at it.

Considering how much I look at the SG, I personally would not like it so high as the rearview mirror. It does look nice there.

Quick Reply: ScanGauge Data Depository

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands