ScanGauge Data, Xguage & readings

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ScanGauge Data, Xguage & readings

Originally Posted by gpsman1
The service manual ( not owners manual ) states what are "normal" values for many items, and gives min/max for certain things.

But you are right, for certain things it will be by experimentation.
I bought the green 2 volume workshop manual (2" thick each) will the answers be in there, or is it the 3rd book I didn't buy?

If it's in my books, any hints where to start?

This is what I have:
I did not get these: Powertrain or wiring

What is Fwt overheat #? 200, 212, ???

Last edited by 08hybridok; 12-20-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Thanks DD, I assumed your #'s were either better or worked vs SG's #'s.

I still need to skim through the boards to find the few that aren't on a list like BTC or DTC? (error code). etc.

Thanks for the help so far!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
The HV current xgauge is a bus-eavesdropping that is the actual current in/out of the HV battery and works correctly for both positive (discharge) and negative (charge) current.

I have had the SoC drop to 23% when working on the car before and it started fine.
I've never noticed a SoC that low but it's good to know if I screw-up and leave the key On that long in my FEH's, they will still start. It was awhile back that I read in the workshop manual that the engine would not start below 32%, but I have dropped below that many times and it started fine also. I didn't know where GPSman got this 35% HV battery shut-off stuff.

I do think my '09 has a limit near 32% because when I ran out of gas the speed fell from 20mph in EV to a crawl as the SoC dropped down to 33%. I thought if I had dropped to 32% my '09 would come to a complete stop. This doesn't mean the '09 will not start below 32%, but Ford may have eliminated the HV Jump-start because they programmed a safety net in the '09.

The '09 Workshop Manuals are still not available from Helms, but I'm on their E-Mail list as soon as they are. Nothing in the '09 PCM/ED manual about this, but there is alot more information about the codes you used to program the FEH/MMH X-Gauges. You may want check out the new '09 PCM/ED manual if you can gets your hands on one locally.

GaryG

Old 12-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Gary- in the 2005, if you leave the key in "RUN" ( so the 330v battery contacts are closed and the DC/DC converter is running the low voltage electronics ) and don't start the car, the contacts will "open" disconnecting the 330V battery when SOC reaches 35%.

If you cycle the key again at 35%, then the car will close the contact, thinking you are ready to start the engine. If you don't, I don't know how low it will go the second time. I really didn't want to find out!
-John

Old 12-20-2008, 09:13 PM

I was able to drop mine to the 26% range when I was opening and closing doors working on replacement speakers and dynamat liner. This occurred last year--November 2007. I did not have trouble restarting this vehicle.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:47 AM

Couple of small updates. Found a FWT max of 230 in a file I must have downloaded from Motorcraft a while back and forgot about

I planned on doing some work in my spare time at work seing how slow it had been lately, and I guess that jinxed it, been doing OT for like 2 weeks now from all the bad weather accross the country. So I'll get to it; but it may be a while.

Carl where the codes for FWT? I didn't find them, and search for FWT brings up a ton of results.

Any one have any links to other threads (boards) with som info I can print out and strat crunching on, add it or PM me

Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Couple of small updates. Found a FWT max of 230 in a file I must have downloaded from Motorcraft a while back and forgot about

I planned on doing some work in my spare time at work seing how slow it had been lately, and I guess that jinxed it, been doing OT for like 2 weeks now from all the bad weather accross the country. So I'll get to it; but it may be a while.

Carl where the codes for FWT? I didn't find them, and search for FWT brings up a ton of results.

Any one have any links to other threads (boards) with som info I can print out and strat crunching on, add it or PM me

Happy New Year!
Well, the enhanced (mode $22) PID for water temperature is $1139 and is in degrees F with a scaling of 2. The legislated (mode $01) PID is $05 and is in degrees C with a 40 offset. The enhanced one is interesting as it can not display lower than 0 F (-17.8 C), like the CHT PID. The legislated PID is replicated in mode $22 with an ID of $0005.

There is a flag bit for CHT over temp in the mode $22 PID of $1688, but I'm not exactly sure which bit.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 PM

Report from a field tester of the latest AWD scanguage code:
Name:  scanguageAWDcodebeforeandbrakingSta.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  69.9 KB

It doesn't read AWD on-off function but reads when one is utilizing the friction braking. Add this to the FEH coding list and try to find another possible solution (code) for AWD.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
Report from a field tester of the latest AWD scanguage code:

It doesn't read AWD on-off function but reads when one is utilizing the friction braking. Add this to the FEH coding list and try to find another possible solution (code) for AWD.
It should change when the brake pedal is pressed, the A/C clutch is engaged, the shifter taken out of park, and several other things. Just trying to make absolutely sure that AWD isn't one of the other things.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 PM

When traveling along the road, the "display" remains "0000" and does so when:
- one lifts the foot off the gas pedal to "glide" into a stop
-one shifts into "L" as part of the early braking process
-one presses down on the brake pedal during the early part of braking process

when the speed is under 15 mph or so and one is pressing on the brake pedal, the "display" changes to 0002.

This was my experience today.

Quick Reply: ScanGauge Data, Xguage & readings

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands