Scangauge turns off etc?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Scangauge turns off etc?

Just got a Scangauge, has 3.17 in it. Got it friday, took a 5 hour drive rigth after....it seems to flicker then turn off when I slow down...will stay on while I'm at highway speed but slow down it goes off...hit home button and it's back on. Does the same thing driving around town. Doesn't seem to be a certain mph or when I take foot off gas but always when I'm slowing down. 12+hrs of driving this weekend with it and never turns off at hightway speeds. Anyone seen that before?

Also had a bit of trouble getting a couple xgauges to work...don't remember the abbreviations but was the traction battery temp didn't show anything and couldn't find the x-gauge to show amps into and out of traction battery?

Any advice?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Default Re: Scangauge turns off etc?

Originally Posted by Slick
Just got a Scangauge, has 3.17 in it. Got it friday, took a 5 hour drive rigth after....it seems to flicker then turn off when I slow down...will stay on while I'm at highway speed but slow down it goes off...hit home button and it's back on. Does the same thing driving around town. Doesn't seem to be a certain mph or when I take foot off gas but always when I'm slowing down. 12+hrs of driving this weekend with it and never turns off at hightway speeds. Anyone seen that before?

Also had a bit of trouble getting a couple xgauges to work...don't remember the abbreviations but was the traction battery temp didn't show anything and couldn't find the x-gauge to show amps into and out of traction battery?

Any advice?
Sounds like you did not set-up the SGII correctly. One thing is type of fuel should be "HYBRID", not gas. If not set to "HYBRID" it will cause the SG to what is called "SLEEP" mode which is why you see it shutting off.

GaryG

Old 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Scangauge turns off etc?

Thanks Gary, I did miss the gas setup. Changed it at lunch and all was OK during my lunch drive.

Any ideas why the BTM xgauge to show battery temp isn't showing up?

Anyone know the xgauge abbreviation/name for the power flow into/out of the battery?