Seat Heaters posessed, '06 MMH

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Seat Heaters posessed, '06 MMH

Having some trouble with the seat heaters. Couple of questions.

What is the default setting on the seat heaters. Should they be off every time you start the car? They are that way on our Monterrey van.

Ours seem to have a mind of their own. We had it in to the dealership and they can't seem to figure it out quite possibly because it is a hit or miss problem. The seat heater, most usually the passenger side, sometimes just comes on when you start the car. This is something that has been going on for some time, so we've paid fairly close attention to it. Today we picked it up from the dealership paying special attention to the fact that the heaters were off. When we got back into the car after our 3rd stop, sure enough, the heater was on.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues. This is all the more troubling considering that the driver wouldn't even know the heater on the passenger set is on most of the time.

Thanks.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat Heaters posessed, '06 MMH

That would be nice with the winter we're having. Supposed to approach -20F the next couple nights.

Seat heaters are ALWAYS off here. Given a choice, I'd prefer a toggle.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I hate to ask but your signature reveals you have a Honda Accord Hybrid yet you are posting about a 06 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. Which vehicle are you referring to in this post?

Old 12-31-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by jworth
Having some trouble with the seat heaters. Couple of questions.

What is the default setting on the seat heaters. Should they be off every time you start the car? They are that way on our Monterrey van.

Ours seem to have a mind of their own. We had it in to the dealership and they can't seem to figure it out quite possibly because it is a hit or miss problem. The seat heater, most usually the passenger side, sometimes just comes on when you start the car. This is something that has been going on for some time, so we've paid fairly close attention to it. Today we picked it up from the dealership paying special attention to the fact that the heaters were off. When we got back into the car after our 3rd stop, sure enough, the heater was on.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues. This is all the more troubling considering that the driver wouldn't even know the heater on the passenger set is on most of the time.

Thanks.
They are left in whatever state the person left them in when the car was turned off. I think the switch might be a mechanical transistion too... ie if you hit the button when the car is off you'll still change the seat condition.

Its easy to hit them getting in or out. My real guess is your passenger is either not sure what state they left it in when they got out... or they are hitting it with a long coat, etc. when they get out. Most people expect it to reset when you start the car.... it doesn't.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I did have an Accord Hybrid, but it got traded in on the Mariner 2 years ago. This issue has been going on for at least a year. We've been paying very close attention to it. It is not an accidental bump of the switch. I mean, if it had happened once, yeah, sure, maybe we bumped the switch. However, we have been being particularly careful to notice the state of the thing. If this cannot be resolved otherwise, I may have to relocate the switch. This is ridiculous.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:04 PM

My seat heater switches are in the center of the dash below the radio, just above the console. Hard to bump them on my FEH.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by colchiro
My seat heater switches are in the center of the dash below the radio, just above the console. Hard to bump them on my FEH.
On the '05-07 they are on the side of the seat.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeeSter
On the '05-07 they are on the side of the seat.
I am glad that the position of the seat heaters has been changed. The position on my 2007 FEH is so awkward. If the passenger seat heater was accidentally left on in the 2007 FEH, the only way the driver can tell is by touching the passenger seat to see if it is warm unless you unbuckle your seat belt and lean over to see down between the seat and the door.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:59 PM

My '09 has the switch and an indicator light for each seat.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:27 AM

Starting with the 08's, the seat heater button (with red indicator light) moved to a button set blow the radio and climate controls, in front of the gear select shifter.

Quick Reply: Seat Heaters posessed, '06 MMH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands