Should I even bother with a hybrid??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Should I even bother with a hybrid??

2009 SUV sales figures in the USA were:

Escape: 14,787
RX 400h: 14,464
Highlander: 11,086

That is about 1232 FEH per month. via this link:http://www.hybridsuv.com/compare-hybrids/top-suv-2009

In 2007 21,386 FEH were sold via this link:http://www.hybridsuv.com/hybrid-reso...brid-suv-sales

Old 02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
2009 SUV sales figures in the USA were:

Escape: 14,787
RX 400h: 14,464
Highlander: 11,086
Everyone will beat the 2012 Escape Hybrid
because there won't be one.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

Well, this posting of mine is academic now, I just found my car today and it's not an FEH but the V6 instead, a 2010 that has only 16k miles on it and was much lower priced than NADA values. I couldn't pass it up and for the mileage I drive and my circumstances it makes sense. I did drive a hybrid yesterday for a test-nice, drove fine but sure takes a light touch to keep it in EC mode AND it was $6000 more (used, same XLT, similar mileage) than the one I bought! That's a lot of gas. Thanks for all the input, I'll be posting my questions now on a different Ford forum.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by jerrybb
Well, this posting of mine is academic now, I just found my car today and it's not an FEH but the V6 instead, a 2010 that has only 16k miles on it and was much lower priced than NADA values. I couldn't pass it up and for the mileage I drive and my circumstances it makes sense. I did drive a hybrid yesterday for a test-nice, drove fine but sure takes a light touch to keep it in EC mode AND it was $6000 more (used, same XLT, similar mileage) than the one I bought! That's a lot of gas. Thanks for all the input, I'll be posting my questions now on a different Ford forum.
I don't recall an XLT trim on any FEH.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry, I meant it has the cloth seats instead of the leather. I was originally looking for leather because of dog fur but the cloth will be fine since it's synthetic and shouldn't get the hair embedded in it.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Imported from Detroit

The cloth seat used in the '09 FE stain just from water and there was a TSB on the problem. My neighbor's 2010 Taurus cloth seats look like they are ten years old!! No TSB on the 2010s but it looks like they are using the same junk.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by jerrybb
Sorry, I meant it has the cloth seats instead of the leather. I was originally looking for leather because of dog fur but the cloth will be fine since it's synthetic and shouldn't get the hair embedded in it.
No big, I just like to be sure I didn't miss a trim level or something!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The hybrid costs more now, but should hold it's resale value much longer.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by colchiro
The hybrid costs more now, but should hold it's resale value much longer.
I haven't seen any data to suggest this is true. I think some people still shy away from the fact that a battery loses power as time goes by. Perceptions are hard to change.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Eager Novice Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevedebi
I haven't seen any data to suggest this is true. I think some people still shy away from the fact that a battery loses power as time goes by. Perceptions are hard to change.
I see about a $3,000 difference between my used FEH and a Non-Hybrid Escape with the same features, so I am confused why you think that?

Quick Reply: Should I even bother with a hybrid??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands