Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Side window deflectors (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/side-window-deflectors-6738/)

dbennettya 04-09-2006 12:39 PM

Side window deflectors

Hi,

Did a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm looking for feedback on the side window deflectors Ford 1L8Z-18246-AA for the FEH. Do these decrease wind noise when the window is down about 1"? Do they increase wind noise when the window is rolled up? Any down sides to having them installed?

Thanks, Don

nightracerx 04-10-2006 01:36 AM

Re: Side window deflectors

Originally Posted by dbennettya
Hi,

Did a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm looking for feedback on the side window deflectors Ford 1L8Z-18246-AA for the FEH. Do these decrease wind noise when the window is down about 1"? Do they increase wind noise when the window is rolled up? Any down sides to having them installed?

Thanks, Don

Do these decrease wind noise when the window is down about 1"?

Yes.

Do they increase wind noise when the window is rolled up?

No, wind noise is mainly from the door seals.

Any down sides to having them installed?

Personally, I think they are ugly.

AZMerf 04-10-2006 08:02 PM

Actually, I like them. They allow me to keep the windows rolled down slightly without worrying about rain (both driving and stationary) -- not that it does rain alot here. Also, It's an added layer of tinting which is important in Phoenix. I like the way they look. I don't know about that part number but the ones I got from AutoAnything worked and fitted perfectly.

dbennettya 04-14-2006 12:26 PM

AZMerf,

Do the ones you have mount with tape or clip into the window channel? The Ford ones mount with tape.

Thanks, Don