SJB Smart Junction Box_ Tire Sensor Failed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation SJB Smart Junction Box_ Tire Sensor Failed

Hello, i still having the Tire Sensor Fail Sign, i bought the new sensor but still the same..
I went to reset the main module, but it does nothing.. the mechanic says is the SJB... does any one had the same issue.. any help please

Thank you.

H.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:10 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: SJB Smart Junction Box_ Tire Sensor Failed

Originally Posted by hc45
Hello, i still having the Tire Sensor Fail Sign, i bought the new sensor but still the same..
I went to reset the main module, but it does nothing.. the mechanic says is the SJB... does any one had the same issue.. any help please

Thank you.

H.
That year used the band type TPMS sensor and not the stem type. You had "one" installed and "only" that one won't train?

The train tool is placed 180 deg. from the stem on a band type.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: SJB Smart Junction Box_ Tire Sensor Failed

Hello Bill.... The mechanic check it before tell me i had 1 tire bad sensor Band Tipe. So i bought it ( $77.00 ) new... Now, the same issue.. There are all 4 installed... I don't like guessing and spending the money, one day is one thing, the other another thing...

I rally don't know what to think...

H

Old 09-27-2013, 03:35 AM
Imported from Detroit

Hello Bill.... The mechanic check it before tell me i had 1 tire bad sensor Band Tipe. So i bought it ( $77.00 ) new... Now, the same issue.. There are all 4 installed... I don't like guessing and spending the money, one day is one thing, the other another thing...

I rally don't know what to think...

H
I had a TPMS fault on my '09 FE that was covered under warranty and they replaced two of them. There is a battery in them so they don't last forever and probably not as long as they are supposed to!

Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast

Hello..
I understand.. But do i have to buy 3 more ?? Uupsss...

Why the computer says is the SJB ... There is'nt a ford engineer around....?/// how could give answers and stop the mechanics guessing ??

Good night...

Old 10-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Imported from Detroit

Hello..
I understand.. But do i have to buy 3 more ?? Uupsss...

Why the computer says is the SJB ... There is'nt a ford engineer around....?/// how could give answers and stop the mechanics guessing ??

Good night...
I have no idea why your mechanic says it's the SJB. They do have a special TPMS diagnostic device but other simple devices just retrain the sensors. If a sensor doesn't train, it's thought to be bad. You should only need to replace sensors that won't train. If none will train, you have other problems.

Ford engineer here??? Never has been.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Enthusiast

I also had this issue and was told by a dealership the SJB was to blame.

Apparently a low voltage from the battery can trigger electrical issues within the SJB (fry the board) and sounds like the TPMS's and driver's door lock are the first to go. I also had issues with the rear wiper. Had the SJB replaced today and everything works as normal. I did not install new sensors.

Not sure I would trust a mechanic to tell you that unless they had their hands on a diagnostic tool from Ford for your hybrid. Unfortunately a dealership would charge you both arms and a leg to plug up their diagnostics and a little investigation and find out whats up.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilliams1188

Apparently a low voltage from the battery can trigger electrical issues within the SJB (fry the board) and sounds like the TPMS's and driver's door lock are the first to go. I also had issues with the rear wiper. Had the SJB replaced today and everything works as normal. I did not install new sensors.

Not sure I would trust a mechanic to tell you that unless they had their hands on a diagnostic tool from Ford for your hybrid. Unfortunately a dealership would charge you both arms and a leg to plug up their diagnostics and a little investigation and find out whats up.
I do have exactly the same problems driver door lock, tpms and rear wiper won't work. How much should I expect to make it repair? Also, can I DIY?

Old 11-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: SJB Smart Junction Box_ Tire Sensor Failed

Originally Posted by bwilliams1188

Thanks BW... I think i have these issue... My driver door lock is not working... Also i still have Tire Sensor Fail sign in my dashboard, that really ...
So i will get a new battery----but could you give me the exactly part# of the SJB i will have to buy ? Please... FEH 2006... I will appreciated.

Have a happy sunday.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks BW... I think i have these issue... My driver door lock is not working... Also i still have Tire Sensor Fail sign in my dashboard, that really ...
So i will get a new battery----but could you give me the exactly part# of the SJB i will have to buy ? Please... FEH 2006... I will appreciated.

Have a happy sunday.
Pretty sure it's
6L8Z-15604-FB

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-OE...9da395&vxp=mtr

You can email that eBay seller your VIN and they will confirm the correct part number for you.

Quick Reply: SJB Smart Junction Box_ Tire Sensor Failed

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands