So now what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default So now what do I do?

I've posted here before about my mileage problems. A quick review: I get close to 30 mpg on the highway, but around Berkeley I'm getting about 15 mpg for a total of abour 21 mpg. Obviously this is not good. I've tried every tip and trick to drive differently, but nothing works - no matter how warmed up the car is, it only goes into EV at stoplights. When I accellerate over 5 mph, the engine kicks back in.

So early on we took it back to the dealer. They claimed nothing was wrong and the car needed a "break in" period.

Since then, we've still had the mpg problem, but also a weird braking problem where, when you apply the brakes in the rain, they work great until you're almost stopped, then suddenly grab hard.

Now, after about 3500 miles, we took the car back into the dealer. They still say nothing's wrong on both accounts. So we took it to another dealer who said "yeah, you've got a problem with the mileage, but I don't know why."

Umm...any ideas what I do now?

Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Early Adopter

Well, don't panic just yet...

Several of us have noticed a subtle but definite change right around the mileage you have on your rig now. It's kind of like the computers are all finally synced up and agree on how much battery you can use. My mileage has improved measurably over the last few tankfuls. I'm just about to hit 5000 and I think this tank will be in the 28-29 mpg range...