steering wheel audio controls now included

Old 01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
08 MMH 4WD
Default Re: steering wheel audio controls now included

I guess sweet for those that are now getting it & sucks for us 08's that dont!

Guessing a retro-fit won't be cheap either.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICBMariner
I guess sweet for those that are now getting it & sucks for us 08's that dont!
Guessing a retro-fit won't be cheap either.
True. It was a little insensitive of me.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't know... seems like a nice little token of a gift, for those who are having to wait almost forever for their 2008 hybrid.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:12 PM
N/A

It's great that they finally added the controls. I wonder what took so long? Maybe RSC is coming, too.

I really would like to have those audio controls. Oh well, I guess we early buyers can take some comfort in knowing we saved $1200 by beating the price increases. And I doubt I could get a dealer to sell me one for $500 below X-Plan price as they did last March.

I'm not happy about it, but for $1700 I guess I can turn the stupid little ****.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:53 AM
MAB
Enthusiast

Great! Steering wheel radio controls.

Now I'm just waiting for red to be added to the color line-up (with sunroof / sat radio availablity) or maybe just sunroof / sat radio availability with real blue (not "ice" blue).

A 1k lb trailering package is probably too much to hope for....

Old 01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast

I wonder what the chances will be that we can convince a dealer to add these controls to previously built '08 trucks....

Old 01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
08 MMH 4WD

I think that is where the $$$ comes into play. New steering wheel & maybe new wiring harness & possible update the radio programming. (hardware may accept it but software may not be aware). May not be worth the $1700 price increase as MTBerman stated but that may be the cost for the upgrade!

I remember there was a different thread where the nav unit was replaced or upgraded with a Lincon version. The installer stated that this was the same as the FEH/MMH, just different software (or something to that effect), so there may be hope if the upgrade is not too costly.

On the trailer package I think some dealers may be installing as aftermarket or you can do it yourself for around $200~ for the hitch receiver, ball & easy add on wiring. On my MMH the hardest part was removing the rear lights as they are held in place by plastic push pin/snaps that can be a bear to pull straight back & release w/o breaking anything.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

So, WHAT is this ambient lighting option they have added??? Little LED lighting accents? How about some freaking molded splash guards?

Old 01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICBMariner
On the trailer package I think some dealers may be installing as aftermarket or you can do it yourself for around $200~ for the hitch receiver, ball & easy add on wiring. On my MMH the hardest part was removing the rear lights as they are held in place by plastic push pin/snaps that can be a bear to pull straight back & release w/o breaking anything.
Don't you also need an aftermarket black box that connects direct to the battery and provides steady power to the taillight circuit, fooling the Escape's computer so that it will not report malfunctions when the trailer lights pull down too much amperage?

Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leoashton
So, WHAT is this ambient lighting option they have added??? Little LED lighting accents?
Yep, for around $300. Personally, I would not select that option, but (obviously) it is optional.

I also think that the sun roof is no longer available as a separate option. You must also get the satellite radio too (sun and tune ?), even if you live in AK or HI and can't even use the radio.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: steering wheel audio controls now included

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands