Steering Wheel Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Steering Wheel Buttons

Do any of the '08 FEH's have steering wheel mounted volume control buttons?

I ordered mine with the audiophile system and thought it would have them, but it doesn't.

I was in a regular '08 Escape today and it had volume control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel.

What gives?

Old 06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Steering Wheel Buttons

Nope. None of the Hybrid do, and it has been a big gripe for most owners over the past 3 years. I am surprised the std. Escape has them. I figured it was mass-manufacturing issue and none had them.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Nope. None of the Hybrid do, and it has been a big gripe for most owners over the past 3 years. I am surprised the std. Escape has them. I figured it was mass-manufacturing issue and none had them.

Yep - it was just a regular V6 Escape with Audiophile system - no nav unit, and had the buttons.

Why, o why Ford, would you let me pay $695 for the Audiophile unit and $1195 for the premium package and not give me buttons for the audio on the steering wheel? It's kinda cheap lookin' because you can tell the right side of the wheel is flat for buttons to go there - it's like havin' blanks in the wheel.

Talkin' about blanks, what are the blanks in the front under the climate control and radio for? (They're by the button to turn off the reverse sensing system)

Last edited by KyGreen; 06-29-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KyGreen
(It's by the button to turn of the reverse sensing system)
I have always wondered why anybody would want to turn off the rear sensing system???

~John

Old 06-30-2007, 04:29 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I have always wondered why anybody would want to turn off the rear sensing system???

~John
If you tow, you need to turn off the reverse sensors or go CRAZY!

Old 06-30-2007, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by DavidH
If you tow, you need to turn off the reverse sensors or go CRAZY!

Oh, OK -I never thought of that as a Hybrid is not really capable of towing anything.

I have towed plenty of boats in my time, but the tow vehicles I owned at the time never had BU sensors so I had forgotten about a use like that.....

~John

Old 06-30-2007, 06:36 AM

I was curious how loud your BU alarm is in your 08. Mine is pretty quiet, as in a low volume of say 4-5 on the radio is loud enough to drown the alarm. And mine does off frequently when it wet out (18 days straight of rain now!), does anyone elses?

As to the blanks, I wondered that my self. I figure it has to be options for the Limited, but what? Maybe options for gas onlys having to do with AC or something.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by jmorton10

~John
Thule T2 Bike Rack... in folded position..... In reverse sets them off constantly.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:54 PM

or when your toddler is sleeping in the backseat peacefully.....

Old 07-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

I too was a bit upset when the vehicle did not have them. This kind of makes me wonder if the wiring for the controls is still there... if it is, it could be possible to locate a replacement panel for the wheel, and add the buttons aftermarket..

That'd be sweet, i'll have to take a look later today to see if it looks like that panel is easy to pop off.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Buttons

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands