stereo installation in '05 FEH.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: stereo installation in '05 FEH.

So I pulled the changer out today, just to look at the connection before I walked into the store that claimed to have the right part. The connector looked very similar to the part that I had posted previously from crutchfield.

Now, there was a area on the changer to accept another connection, but I believe due to only having the 4 speaker setup, the car wasn't wired for the other connection to the changer. So I picked up the part (part# 70-1771 from http://www.metraonline.com/), and from what I can tell through the bag, and from the back, it looks correct (didn't want to open it as the store's return policy isn't so nice).

Unfortunately the dash kit (part# 99-5802 http://www.metraonline.com/) has a very small pocket, probably only suitable for a single jewel case, not not much more. Probably not even suitable to hold cards or another else for temporary storage, as you can't really get your fingers inside to retreive things at the back of the pocket. I was hoping to get something with a decent size similar to what we had for our civic... I guess the space is just a little limited with how the kit needs to fasten itself in the hole.

Oh well, I guess it's better than having no opening there like in the current setup. It'll be nice to have our head unit in again.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: stereo installation in '05 FEH.

The "second connector" that you mentioned is for connecting the Visteon Sirius Satellite unit. It simply carries the audio and power wires for the satellite unit. All of the "main radio" connections are in the large plug (eight wires for the speakers, two for power, and one for ground.).