"Stop Safely Now"

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: "Stop Safely Now"

I'm saying the triggers for such a message range from the simple to the complex... from the major to the minor. A Ford Hybrid Technition is your bet bet to find the root of the problem. "Just a Hybrid Thing" is not an acceptable answer.

Originally Posted by RustySocket
So are you saying that there should be more information available? Or that "its just a hybrid thing" and I shouldn't worry about it. I'm confused?

Old 01-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
My Scangauge did not show any codes during all the restarts. I know my Scangauge works, because I've used it on other vehicles that had warning messages, and have cleared them with it.

GaryG
I'm not familiar with the scanguage? I do have a ob2-II scanner for my other Fords. Didn't think about trying to pull codes last night. But I trust that when the tech said he didn't get any stored codes he wasn't making that up.

The dealership the FEH is at called us tonight and said that the main computer would need to be replaced and that they had ordered one. He would update me tommorrow on the timeframe but he seemed reluctant to say when we could expect the car back. He was polite and offered to help with the cost of a rental.

I will speak to the selling dealership and see how they want to handle things. They are a reputable dealer and I have purchased many fords from them so I have faith that it will all be good in the end and that we will have a reliable vehicle. I am also sure they will do everything they can to make things right.

It's frustrating when these things happen....... at least I can have a beer.. lol and relax. It will all work out in the end.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I'm saying the triggers for such a message range from the simple to the complex... from the major to the minor. A Ford Hybrid Technition is your bet bet to find the root of the problem. "Just a Hybrid Thing" is not an acceptable answer.
It's kinda funny but for a second I wondered if the FEH was going to run like a first generation windows pc. I wasn't sure if I was up for the occasional blue screen/reboot routine...

A new computer for the FEH has been ordered so the tech must have found something wrong after all. Hopefully no more troubles.

Anythings I should be watching?

Thanks for everyones advice.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hi Rusty,

This post and some of GaryG's I've read makes me recall another post in this forum about a loose ground wire under the driver seat...screwed up the computers and gave strange intermitten/non sensical error codes all over the place.

Anyways, sounds like your dealer have a handle on it. If you get a chance, ask what, how, and why from the tech and get as much info on your particular problem, and please keep us posted. I find this forum and excellent source of information and technical details from users like you that is so very valuable.

Thanks.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

I will be sure to take a peek under the seats and do some more research here. I usually go through my vehicles very thoroughly and learn as much as I could.

The truth is the FEH was purchased for my wife and I have only driven it a few miles around the block. I look forward to getting it back.

I have been researching to scanguage and the concept of hypermiling. I have to admit it will be hard for me. I'm a motorhead at heart and love power, I will just view this as a personal challenge.

I will post the details and the fix as soon as I get the oasis sheet back from the dealer.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by occ
Hi Rusty,

This post and some of GaryG's I've read makes me recall another post in this forum about a loose ground wire under the driver seat...screwed up the computers and gave strange intermitten/non sensical error codes all over the place.

Anyways, sounds like your dealer have a handle on it. If you get a chance, ask what, how, and why from the tech and get as much info on your particular problem, and please keep us posted. I find this forum and excellent source of information and technical details from users like you that is so very valuable.

Thanks.
OCC, the ground problem was first seen as a HV battery failure and got everyone's attention. In that situation, there were codes found. Regarding Rusty and my situation, we had no codes. It is very rare that a PCM is replaced, but it can happen according to the workshop manual.

Now Rusty, if you don't know anything about a Scangauge, take a look at what it does: http://scangauge.com/ It is much more than OBD 11 scanner and provides so many gauges to improve driving habits it's not funny.

GaryG

Old 06-06-2007, 10:10 PM
'08 FEH owner

Hey, thanks all! I'm having similar symptoms (car won't start for two or three tries, finally starts, but I think I may be looking at a dead PCM also at some point). How long do these things take to replace? Anyone know?

Old 06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

In a similar thread in the list called "No Start" people are describing problems with the chip key, and anti-theft system not allowing the car to start. I don't know if this applies to you, but it's worth checking into.
-John

Old 06-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

NO its not the chip key (PATS key) it is a failed PCM then you have to have both keys after the NEW PCM is installed so they can encode them into the NEW PCM otherwise it will act the same less the P0606 (PCM failure) trouble code.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by likelite
Hey, thanks all! I'm having similar symptoms (car won't start for two or three tries, finally starts, but I think I may be looking at a dead PCM also at some point). How long do these things take to replace? Anyone know?
IT's a plug and play deal. The hard part was locating a PCM. Once they had the part it was only about an hour's worth of time.

Make sure you take both your keys with you as they will need to be coded to the new pcm.

Quick Reply: "Stop Safely Now"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands