"Stop Safely Now"

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Stop Safely Now"

Hey Dman,

I don't think it's a battery issue - none of my codes point in that direction (although I don't know which "Solid state driver disabled due to short circuit" B106E-20 has been disabled).

After having Ford La Paz put the GEM/SJB back to "As Built" factory settings and driven half the Baja (about 750km) the car has made it up all the hills (very slowly - nursing it) without a SSN. That's the good news.

Bad news - VERY poor MPG and worse, burning about 1 quart of oil every tank of gas!

Thinking maybe a PCV valve or a partially blown engine at this point...
The limp North continues today.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hopefully this is something simple like a bad sensor and a blown fuse/fusible link. Oil burning seems a little unusual though. Buena suerte!

Old 03-27-2017, 02:53 PM
Enthusiast

I give up.
Limped it up to San Diego, barely made it. Feels like I won't make it back to Canada in it, so time to let it go.

Asking $2K OBO for parts/salvage/as is. ASAP! Need to get home...
CL ad: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6062837034.html

Old 07-05-2017, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

Updating the PCM to the latest calibration seemed to solve my Stop Safely Now issue. May help some people with this issue.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heydude90000
Updating the PCM to the latest calibration seemed to solve my Stop Safely Now issue. May help some people with this issue.
I presume the dealer will only update the PCM if you specifically ask them to?

Old 07-06-2017, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, you will need to ask them. My cousin who is a mechanic was the one that suggested for me to try it. I have been trying to solve this issue for years, so it was worth a try. Only cost about $90 from the dealer to update the software.

I could be wrong, but the problem started after I did a minor tune up, oil change, replace air filter, replaced spark plugs, replaced one of the spark plug boots. I assume the issue may have been from newer spark plugs. In the course of having this car, the spark plugs have changed to different part numbers several times ( i assume the parts have changed as well) compared to the original parts that it came with. Maybe it affected the way the car started and therefore affecting the car when it switches from hybrid to gas. But this is just a theory....

Old 12-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Enthusiast

I gotta 2005 FEH and I just got that message right before I reached my destination... I spent maybe 20-30 and was attempting to leave when I went to start it and it won’t do a dam thing... it just clicks over and nothing happens... and now my wrench light is on... WTH is going on can some help!?

Old 12-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Check 12V battery - voltage and LOAD test.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Check 12V battery - voltage and LOAD test.
I just tried jumping it and nothing

Old 12-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I assume it wasn't successful?

If the 12V is good (which hasn't been determined), then you have these options:

Get code reader on it where it sits (preferably ForScan).
Tow it to somewhere you can get a code reader on it.
Disconnect the 12V for 2 minutes, reconnect and see if the car starts. It will clear the codes and may permit you to drive, but the problem will likely come back.

Quick Reply: "Stop Safely Now"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands