Stop safely now error 2006 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Stop safely now error 2006 FEH

So, I have had my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid for sale for a little while now. So instead of driving it I have been driving my ranger and it has been sitting for a few weeks with the windows up. The weather up here recently has been pretty warm, and I am hoping that is what is causing this issue.

Anyway I will try to explain as best as I can what is happening. I start up the FEH and it runs the ICE, then it goes into electric mode after a bit. Then it will "idle" in electric mode then the Stop safely now error will show up and it will die. This first happened at one of the busiest intersection in my little city. I ended up pushing it into a parking lot to take a look at it. I noticed that the error message would show when the blend door on the HV battery for the traction motor opened up, and when the blend door closed off I could start the ICE again. The cycle would then repeat.

I am hoping that it completely has to to with the interior of the car / battery being hot, but between being that I am moving and the car is at my old house and I am about 45 miles away, and my wife just gave birth to our second kid, I haven't had much free time to work on it or diagnose it since it happened. Although I did hook up my code reader to it and I did not get any thing on there. I also checked on the myford site and i don't have any outstanding recalls.

Thanks for reading my novella

Last edited by bumpncarstereo; 09-03-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Stop safely now error 2006 FEH

Ok, So I have been doing some research, and the two most common things are the coolant pump and the blend door. With people who have had the blend door issue that caused the SSN did the door not open at all? Also with the coolant pump, the humming should be heard from the front of the engine bay with the key in the run position?

I head something humming from the front of the bay with the key in the run position, and my blend door does open, but only when it trips the SSN message.

Also, I have heard about a 8 year/ 150,000 mile hybrid warranty here in the great state of NY. Is this a fact? If so was it only for the original owner, or was it for the car itself?

Thanks again.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Stop safely now error 2006 FEH

The hybrid warranty covers only three parts: The hybrid battery pack, the eCVT and the AC/DC converter.