Sync 2.0 update??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Sync 2.0 update??

Does anyone know if the Sync 2.0 update is available for 09 FEH? Or have it installed already?

The syncmyride.com website is incredibly vague. A while ago I saw info that showed it was coming soon some mention of it's new features. Now I can't find that info. I would have expected some splash page telling me it was available if it had released -- nothing. I found a page talking about the features of Sync and called out the 911 and vehicle health features as though they're just part of Sync right now (I know these are the two main features of Sync 2.0), yet when I check my VIN it shows there are no updates available.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sync 2.0 update??

I too have been waiting for this. Ergo the 911/Vehicle Health. When I got the car it was even in the ad book! Hope they, Ford, gets on this!

Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Pretty sure I read that 911/vehicle health are updates that the dealer has to install.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Enthusiast

To get 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Reports... you gotta get 2.0 version.

For vehicle which do not have it already installed from Factory... Ford is calling it a "Upgrade" NOT and "Update".
EXCERPT FROM SYNCMYRIDE.COM Site...
"*911 Assist is a new Driver Service—available beginning fall 2008 on select vehicles in select markets. Most existing SYNC owners can upgrade to include this service. Customer responsible for dealer installation charges which may vary. Find a dealership to schedule an upgrade."

Syncmyride website suggested that you have to go to dealer for that upgrade to 2.0. The site also suggest that the dealership may charge for this upgrade.

I contacted local dealer in San Juan Capistrano Ford... they still have not heard of this update yet. LOL

Old 01-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Sync 2.0 update??

Looks like a small upgrade is downloadable from syncmyride. I'll let you all know how it works once I get around to DLing it and all...

Old 01-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u
Looks like a small upgrade is downloadable from syncmyride. I'll let you all know how it works once I get around to DLing it and all...

BTW - read the instructions *CAREFULLY* on that update before you install it. It says that a few minutes into the update you will see a message that the update is finished... but it's not really finished. About 18-20 minutes later they say you'll see that same message _again_ and that's when it's *really* finished. Don't turn off the car until you see the 2nd message.

You wouldn't think it's too difficult to write software that avoids telling people that it's done installing when it's not really done (how hard can that be?)... but this is Microsoft we're talking about <sigh>.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tcampb01
BTW - read the instructions *CAREFULLY* on that update before you install it. It says that a few minutes into the update you will see a message that the update is finished... but it's not really finished. About 18-20 minutes later they say you'll see that same message _again_ and that's when it's *really* finished. Don't turn off the car until you see the 2nd message......
Well the install went better than me or even the web site thought it would. The cars SYNC... I call her Sara... told a better story than the web site. Something along the lines of....
"Install complete, Once the update is done. You will again hear. Install complete. Only after that should you remove the usb device."
What makes it better is it only took 4 minutes! Not a whole 20 min like the site made us all think.

Ooo yea still don't see a change in anything.... my Ipod Nano still only charges....

Old 02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Small update on Sync "2.0" sounds more like we can update software and not have to install more hardware...
from SYNC.com

Is a SYNC upgrade to include 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report available now?
Beginning in early 2009, all SYNC-equipped vehicles (except Mustang) will be able to be upgraded to include these features. The upgrade is a software installation performed by dealers, and eligible customers are responsible for dealer installation charges, which may vary.

At this time, the upgrade is being tested and not yet availble. We will announce the update release on syncmyride.com, so please check back soon

I was told that the update I did on my own. Could of been done at the dealer if I wanted to. They told me "other" dealers charge 90$ for the install. But they would do it for 45$ I opt for the self install. Worked fine and saved the $. I just hope this update is like that last one...

Old 02-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

For new, if you look at the window sticker, you will see a line that says "SYNC WITH 911 ASSIST/VHR", under the optional equipment column and right above the entry "PREMIUM PACKAGE".

I've been looking at the window stickers online of some vehicles I'm interested in, and a vehicle built in Nov 08 does not have this, but one built in Jan/Feb 09 does have it.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

More updates from Syncmyride.com
copied from user forum;

Hi all,
I just wanted to advise you that the software for dealerships to upgrade vehicles with 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report will be available beginning on March 2nd, 2009.
If your vehicle is eligible for the upgrade, then additional instructions can be found on the Update and Customize page. Once available, contact your dealership to schedule an appointment.
NOTE: A Request for SYNC Upgrade Form has also been provided. Please take the form with you to your dealership appointment to help facilitate the discussion with your Service Advisor.
Thank you,
Mike

Edited Feb-26 by moderator