Tire Monitor Fault _FEH '07

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast
Question Tire Monitor Fault _FEH '07

Hello, i have a msg Tire Monitor Fault..

Where the sensors are locate it ? i see that inside the tire is a blue plastic thing, but i suppose is the one who send the signal.. where is the one that receive ? i will like to see if is disconnected

I looked all around and just find the Track Sensor close to the brake caliper.. .. nothing else..

Any suggestion ?

I found via google just saying something about TPMS tool.

I'm thinking to on how to dis-activate it..

Thank you.

H.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: Tire Monitor Fault _FEH '07

That year would be using the older band type inside the rim and not the valve stem type used later on. You can't deactivate it as it's Federal mandated safety item required on all vehicles.

The TPMS tool is used to retrain the system like after a tire change/rotation, etc.

Last edited by wptski; 08-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
That year would be using the older band type inside the rim and not the valve stem type used later on. You can't deactivate it as it's Federal mandated safety item required on all vehicles.

The TPMS tool is used to retrain the system like after a tire change/rotation, etc.
Thank you so much... Yes, I put new tires.. I will buy the tool. Any one in specific ? For the inside band tipe

Have a great weekend.

H.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by hc45
Thank you so much... Yes, I put new tires.. I will buy the tool. Any one in specific ? For the inside band tipe

Have a great weekend.

H.
I forget the part number but there are two different ones and never did find out what the difference was between them. Many eBay listings will show a list of Ford vehicles and model years they cover. Just Google "Ford TPMS Tool", that'll get you started.

The only difference in the band type is when you train them, you position the tool 180 deg from the valve stem. On the valve stem type, you position near the stem.

At one time they were less than $20 at any Ford dealer but have jumped to around $30 even on eBay. No telling what a dealer sells them for now a days.

It just looks like a garage door opener. At one time, one came with every Ford F-150!

Here's a thread here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...et-tool-20721/ and I think one part number ends in a "A", "B" or "AB" combination and the other doesn't.

Last edited by wptski; 08-03-2013 at 06:39 AM.