Too Much Standard Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Too Much Standard Equipment

When we finally decided on a FEH we had the dealer find one with 3 options, 4WD, floor mats and a cargo cover.

Just about any vehicle has as standard equipment dumb stuff like power windows, power door locks, auto dimming lights, auto locking doors (I don't get it?), the soon to be required on every vehicle TPMS, keyless entry (is it that hard to put a key in a lock and turn it?), wierd useless security systems...on and on.

Not to mention the options, painted plastic appearence packages (aka peeling paint plastic packages), GPS/NAV systems - a new Rand-McNally for N. America is $19.95, a sunroof - had one on every car for the last 20 years, used it maybe a dozen times!

Am I the only fella that would love to have windows that crank by hand, a car that didn't lock you in without asking, or yell at ya when you press it's little fob, or didn't even have a dog-gone fob to fill your pocket up! How about a bench seat and a column shift so there's more foot room? :-)

Take Care
Steve
Oregon

Old 09-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Too Much Standard Equipment

You need one like mine - no moonroof, matte plastic trim, no auto headlights, and no NAV system. Power windows are standard on the FEH, the autolock can be disabled by the owner. Leave the keyfob at home (they have a keyhole on the driver side and the rear hatch. The TPMS is federal mandate so any 2006+ car will have them (except my early '06).

Or you could find a nice '05 which has just a dummy key, no chip.

There are options out there. Hope you get one you like.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

nitramjr:

We did get the plainest FEH we could find with 4WD, see mileage below. It had rear floor mats and we bought a cargo cover becuse SWMBO wanted one.

My driver is a 4x4 '94 F150 with a 300 inline 6 and a 5spd. It's options are an AM radio, cloth seat (only one, it's bench) and sliding rear window.

As an aside some folks growl about American cars' reliablilty, this truck is going to turn 200,000 miles in one month. All I've replaced is the alternator - $85, and the idler pully - $15. The spark plugs for my Subaru (sold recently) cost more than that!

Steve
Oregon

Old 09-23-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by spud
nitramjr:

We did get the plainest FEH we could find with 4WD, see mileage below. It had rear floor mats and we bought a cargo cover becuse SWMBO wanted one.

My driver is a 4x4 '94 F150 with a 300 inline 6 and a 5spd. It's options are an AM radio, cloth seat (only one, it's bench) and sliding rear window.

As an aside some folks growl about American cars' reliablilty, this truck is going to turn 200,000 miles in one month. All I've replaced is the alternator - $85, and the idler pully - $15. The spark plugs for my Subaru (sold recently) cost more than that!

Steve
Oregon
I prefer fewer options as well. Although I have gotten used to power windows and locks. I don't even mind having a/c anymore and since the hybrid HAS to have a/c, might as well use it now and then. A nice set of Husky floor mats is a great investment.

I am a huge fan of the 4.9 I-6. I had that motor in a $200 '85 F150 XL I had for close to 8 years until too many things went at once. It took me forever to find a replacement XL ('97 F250 351W) a couple years ago. Since it is a work truck I wanted it as plain as could be - no a/c, manual windows and locks and standard shift. Had to settle for an automatic. Plain trucks are hard to find - I guess people don't like trucks anymore without bells and whistles.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
You need one like mine - no moonroof, matte plastic trim, no auto headlights, and no NAV system. Power windows are standard on the FEH, the autolock can be disabled by the owner. Leave the keyfob at home (they have a keyhole on the driver side and the rear hatch. The TPMS is federal mandate so any 2006+ car will have them (except my early '06).

Or you could find a nice '05 which has just a dummy key, no chip.

There are options out there. Hope you get one you like.
Where is the keyhole on the '06 hatch.... I don't see one on mine.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 PM
HEV's are your friend

****, I didn't realize that about TPMS that it was standard...guess I have an early 06!

Old 09-24-2006, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Where is the keyhole on the '06 hatch.... I don't see one on mine.
Don't know what I was thinking......neither of mine have a keyhole on the hatch.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast

I just got a 2007 MMH. Wondering which floor mats (liner) to get. Husky or Weathertech? Also, since they don't specify "2007" yet, I suppose the set for "2006" will fit. It doesn't seem like they've made any changes to the floor shape.

Thanks
John

Old 09-24-2006, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jbrockell
I just got a 2007 MMH. Wondering which floor mats (liner) to get. Husky or Weathertech?
Can't speak about the Weathertech but I have the Husky's in both of mine and they are great. They seem to be holding up great so far, fit great and have had no issues. I take 'em out now and then, hose them off and back they go.....

I think I read that the '06 and '07 are the same part numbers but I can't swear to that.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
Can't speak about the Weathertech but I have the Husky's in both of mine and they are great. They seem to be holding up great so far, fit great and have had no issues. I take 'em out now and then, hose them off and back they go.....

I think I read that the '06 and '07 are the same part numbers but I can't swear to that.
I'm one of the ones who bought a full set of '06 Husky Liners for my '07 FEH - front, second row, hybrid cargo. They fit like a dream! Best investment I've made so far for the car.

Quick Reply: Too Much Standard Equipment

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands