Towing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Towing?

I was probably the first to get a Class II (2 inch) hitch modified and installed on my Ford Hybrid. It was done through an effort by Curt/Da'Lan and Hitch-Web.Com.

It has been great and a much better price than Ford has now 5 months later.

At that time I put together a PDF File with photos showing how it was done. I will send this to you if you ask me via email (sdctcher@yahoo.com).

I just heard back from Jim Hart at Hitch-Web.Com about wiring sets for our Ford Hybrid. Here is what they have to offer. These are splice-in kits with good instructions.

2005 Ford 4 Wheel Drive Escape Hybrid Sport Utility 4 Door
SKU #: 368150
$60.52
(includes shipping)

2005 Ford Front Wheel Drive Escape Hybrid Sport Utility 4 Door
SKU #: 368149
$60.52
(includes shipping)

Call Toll Free 800-300-4067
Phone Hours: Mon - Fri 6:30am - 3:00pm Pacific Time
http://hitch-web.com

Old 04-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Struggler at large
Default Re: Towing?

I am curious about what kind of loads you are towing. If I recall, the max load for the FEH is 1000 pounds, right? Do you have any towing experiences/advice you can give the rest of us who might be considering adding a hitch?

One day, I thought it would be nice to be able to tow a jetski with the hybrid. I'm wondering if this seems reasonable or I should be thinking about a different tow vehicle when/if i ever decide to get a jetski.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Happy Owner
Default Re: Towing?

INFORMATIONAL In researching this more (thanks for the detailed info Mike) we went to our local shop and inquired. The shop gave us an email for DrawTite to write to and we got a response from a supplier last night.

They wrote "our website has been updated so that pre-ordering is now available for the hitch designed for the 2005 Escape Hybrid. The hitch is now scheduled to be available in early May." They show some info on the hitch on their website http://www.etrailer.com/fitguide.htm

C&J The Gas Pirates