tpms reset

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Lt. Green 06 FEH
Default tpms reset

Ive read serveral threads on this and I understand the the sensor trips after 20min at +20mph, but is this also the case to have it reset?
Mine tripped after putting on the spare.
I recently replaced my left front tire with a new tire (same wheel) and was wondering when the light will go off.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Lt. Green 06 FEH
Default Re: tpms reset

I'm suprised no one responded to this, but just to answer my own question, it did go out almost immediately after driving a few miles.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have very little faith in that system myself.

I replaced my stock wheels/tires with 18" wheels last year. The new tires/wheels where already mounted & balanced when I bought them, so I just bolted them on & stacked the original wheels (which still contain the sensors) in my garage.

It took me driving the truck to work (24 miles each way)at least 4 times before the stupid system even realized there was a problem. Now, it lights up maybe once out of every six trips & sometimes goes a week or more without lighting at all. Even when it does light, all I have to do is push the set button to cancel it out......

~John

Old 03-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grnhybrid
I'm suprised no one responded to this, but just to answer my own question, it did go out almost immediately after driving a few miles.
John Morton answered you, but I don't think you were being ignored. Most FEH drivers air their tires up to sidewall pressure (44psi), or higher, for added FE, and check our tires often. That's quite contrary to the general driving public, who pay little or no attention to their tires. And flat tires are not real common anyway.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Lt. Green 06 FEH

thanks for the inputs folks. If anyone finds out a way to disable this feature (or annoyance) altogether, please let me know....
john