Video - Warm-Up P&G

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Video - Warm-Up P&G

Originally Posted by wptski
Must not be any top hypermilers in the Northern states where removing a shoe would be rather dumb in the middle of the winter.
That's how you can tell a hypermiler from up north, they're usually missing toes.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Eager Novice Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
If he has a ounce of smarts, he doesn't do this during the winter. Snow and slush on a floor mat along with only a sock covered foot would be insane!
Northern Hypermilers don't let the snow and slush get on the floor board, because that might cause excess condensation, which might lead them to need the defroster , which makes it much harder to reach EV mode in the Winter.

As for me, I rarely wear socks either, so its mostly barefoot driving. I do need to put socks on before I go into work though.

It is interesting how many Northern drivers practice this, even in the frigid cold. I think it is something that you get used to.

Last edited by rdprice64; 07-12-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by rdprice64
It is interesting how many Northern drivers practice this, even in the frigid cold. I thin it is something that you get used to.
Where's the proof of that statement?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Eager Novice Enthusiast

No proof, just the observation that those who believe in barefooted driving, do it on a regular basis, regardless of the weather.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by rdprice64
No proof, just the observation that those who believe in barefooted driving, do it on a regular basis, regardless of the weather.
More than likely "only" done during the summer months in the northern states. Would anyone be that obsessed to drive shoeless through the winter in the north? Almost deserves a poll!