Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   What is the bump sensor on the top? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/what-bump-sensor-top-27509/)

Sphinx88 12-30-2011 06:02 AM

What is the bump sensor on the top?

Yesterday when I drove out of underground parking, the garage door dropped and scratched the top of my FEH. The black bump cover on the top left of the car body was gone and the chip is exposed now to sky. What is this sensor on the top for? I found the conventional Escape also has this thing...

Also the luggage bars were broken and there is a little deformed area just close to the top edge of the front window...I am wondering if I need to report to insurance or I can just fix it by any body shop. The sunroof is ok to operate.

I reported this accident immediately to security of the property management, they took several pictures of both the car and door. Not sure who is responsible for this accident.

wptski 12-30-2011 07:35 AM

Re: What is the bump sensor on the top?

Originally Posted by Sphinx88 (Post 240122)
Yesterday when I drove out of underground parking, the garage door dropped and scratched the top of my FEH. The black bump cover on the top left of the car body was gone and the chip is exposed now to sky. What is this sensor on the top for? I found the conventional Escape also has this thing...

Also the luggage bars were broken and there is a little deformed area just close to the top edge of the front window...I am wondering if I need to report to insurance or I can just fix it by any body shop. The sunroof is ok to operate.

I reported this accident immediately to security of the property management, they took several pictures of both the car and door. Not sure who is responsible for this accident.

If you mean just above the windshield on the passenger side, it's the Sirius antenna. Sounds like your saying the other side though. Everything is viewed from the driver's location, left would be driver's side.

Sphinx88 12-30-2011 07:50 AM

Re: What is the bump sensor on the top?

Originally Posted by wptski (Post 240124)
If you mean just above the windshield on the passenger side, it's the Sirius antenna. Sounds like your saying the other side though. Everything is viewed from the driver's location, left would be driver's side.

I think you are right, it should be on the right side, or passenger side. Thank you for your reply..