What Is Your Max Speed on Batteries Only?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 01:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Is Your Max Speed on Batteries Only?

After owning this thing for almost 5 years I'm finding I still think of ways to improve mileage bit by bit. Like slowing by shifting to "L" more than braking when conditions allow.

Hypermilers have an ample bag of tricks.

High tire pressures and tailgating trucks are easy to do. Or using the block heater to warm up the engine before driving.

They seem to live in flat places where you can drive very slowly and vary your speed a lot without annoying other drivers. They do things like get up to about 40mph with the engine at ideal rpm's, then shut off the engine and coast down to a low speed. Or something like that. Or drive continuously at 30mph.

I know mine could get 40mpg US without hypermiling techniques. As I said I'm getting 35. But mine is awd to start with. I can't drive anywhere without going up and down hills, stopping for lights, and being caught in traffic jams. I also cannot drive under 40mph anywhere without sending hordes of other drivers into fits of rage. So if I'm getting 35 under these circumstance, I know I could get 40 if I were driving in traffic-free, flat, no-traffic-light small towns like those who post pictures of their ScanGauges.

And if I wanted a gizmo like that, I'd run ForScan on a smartphone.