What's has been everyones experience ordering a Hybrid. - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Default What's has been everyones experience ordering a Hybrid.

Everyone,

I ordered a 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid FWD.

I placed the order on 6/28, and recieved a DORA from the dealer with the same date. I only recieved a partial vin. I do show a priority code of 10. I talked to the dealer this Friday, 7/21 and they still have no updates from Ford. I have posted this info several time on BlueOvalForums and not recieved a response back as of yet.

Am I going to be to optimistic for Delivery by mid-August??? What has everyone elses experience been? Any more rumors about UAW striking this fall?
Old 07-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Default Re: What's has been everyones experience ordering a Hybrid.

We ordered or FEH AWD first week of May.

We picked up on 6-30-07.

I have also heard that they shut down the plant for 2 weeks in July.

We are greatly enjoying our new FEH.

Hope you get yours soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:54 AM
2008 FEH FWD

I ordered May 9th, it gets built this Friday (7/27). Dealer ETA is 8/6.

This is for an FEH
Old 07-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

We signed our paperwork on 5-9-2007 (to place an order and left a $1000 deposit).

The Dora was created on 5-14-2007.

The 08 FEH arrived on 6-28-2007

Cris
Old 07-23-2007, 10:59 AM
2008 FEH FWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshupp View Post
We signed our paperwork on 5-9-2007 (to place an order and left a $1000 deposit).

The Dora was created on 5-14-2007.

The 08 FEH arrived on 6-28-2007

Cris

I've seen MANY people that have ordered theirs after I have (or even the same day like Cris) and already have their FEH. I must have the 2nd worst dealer in the country!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think my dealer's right in that pack - I ordered mine on 5/30 and when I checked last tuesday it hasn't been assigned a build date yet.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Enthusiast

Ordered mine (08MMH) last week & was told to expect a delay of 6 - 12 weeks. Myself & another customer took the last 2 allocations my dealer had (at that time anyway). We are just hoping that it gets built & shipped before mid to late September when a possible strike could start.

Now if I can just get rid of the 3 other cars in my driveway to make room!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

wow. glad i found my '07. color I wanted, AWD. with all the options. Paid less than invoice( at least the one dealer showed me. HA! forking bastagers!) and 0% interest from FOMOCO. it was a good day.

Seriously. If Had to pay more than sticker, wait and get dicked, I would have bought something else. hate dealers, they are hawks, you are doves. don't get me wrong. I love my mother, but if she was more than sticker, I would be calling someone else mom.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:37 PM
2008 FEH FWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie View Post
wow. glad i found my '07. color I wanted, AWD. with all the options. Paid less than invoice( at least the one dealer showed me. HA! forking bastagers!) and 0% interest from FOMOCO. it was a good day.

Seriously. If Had to pay more than sticker, wait and get dicked, I would have bought something else. hate dealers, they are hawks, you are doves. don't get me wrong. I love my mother, but if she was more than sticker, I would be calling someone else mom.
lol! I hear ya! I'm fortunate enough to get xplan through work, so I don't have to play those silly games.

Waiting has been the hardest part, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Can't wait!

I've been driving my Expedition to work...OUCH! My Bonneville died 2 weeks after I ordered the FEH. Can't complain though, it had 287,000 miles on it.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

Smile Re: What's has been everyones experience ordering a Hybrid.

I ordered my 2008 Mariner on May 22 and the car arrived at the dealer on June 25. I was told to expect 8 to 10 weeks on delivery. Don't know what happened but I was told Ford ramped up production of the FEH and MMH so that's why I got it so soon. I know my dealer in Michigan sells a lot of Hybrids so maybe he gets some priority in the build schedule too.