What's has been everyones experience ordering a Hybrid.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What's has been everyones experience ordering a Hybrid.

Well, 7/31, and I have still not even recieved a full VIN number from Ford. The DORA was for 6/28. Does anyone know if there are production issues or something? I am really hoping for final delivery before the end of August. Since I don't have a full VIN yet does that mean my chance is very limited to recieve the vehicle in 30 days?

Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'd say be ready to wait. I've had mine on order since 5/30 and I'm still waiting. Still trying to figure out if I believe him, but I talked to the dealer today and he said he was frustrated with Ford trying to find anything out on my vehicle. He said things were "a cluster<snip>" down there. Not sure if I'm getting the straight story yet or not. But he did say they're finally starting to get delivery of some of the FEH's that they've had on order for a while.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chesterakl
I'd say be ready to wait. I've had mine on order since 5/30 and I'm still waiting. Still trying to figure out if I believe him, but I talked to the dealer today and he said he was frustrated with Ford trying to find anything out on my vehicle. He said things were "a cluster<snip>" down there. Not sure if I'm getting the straight story yet or not. But he did say they're finally starting to get delivery of some of the FEH's that they've had on order for a while.
I'm in the same boat. My order was submitted the weekend of 5/26 (meaning it probably wasn't looked at until Mon, 5/28) and there is still no build date or even a rough estimate of how much longer the wait will be.

The last update I received was on Mon, 7/23. I was told a build date was just received that day for a vehicle he says he ordered 2 days before mine, and that he'll be calling me back with a status on my vehicle very soon. This after being told a month before that I was #1 on his list of 5 outstanding orders. Apparently I got bumped down to #2.

Poor communication is always a wonderful thing when you're preparing to shell out $30K!

Last edited by Grey; 08-02-2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 08-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am the only Hybrid order through my dealer. I would think that would help, but not sure. It sounds like Ford is mega behind. Have you recieved a vin number yet? I can send you a link to post the VIN on a Ford Forum and an employee there will send you the status.

Unfortuntely, I only have a partial VIN.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ok I have been reading your posts and most are frustrated thinking Ford is behind, so I just pulled out my paperwork and here is what I came up with regarding the dealer in Florida that I ordered my 08FEH from.

The Date I went into the dealer and ordered my 08FEH 05/28

I still don't know what a DORA is, but on 05/28 he gave me a sheet that showed my options. On the top it said priority 80 order type 2

On 06/12 I got a call and was asked to stop in, my salesman then gave me another sheet which was tuff to read but it showed the option codes and status codes. I remember the salesman saying that the color was checked to be correct and that the build date was 06/22 then it shows the word "scheduled" then under Dealer eta it showed the date 07/09 lastly it showed my VIN number. The salesman said the VIN number was very important because it confirms that the truck is set to be built. He said that even with this form, if there was no VIN, there is no confirmation that the truck is to be built yet.

There are all sorts of other numbers and codes on this form, but I have no idea what they mean.

On July 6, my salesman calls me to let me know the truck has arrived at the dealership. They needed a couple hours to PDI it and then I picked it up later that day.

I hope this info helps. I cannot understand why some of you that ordered in May still do not have your trucks unless the dealer hasn't really "ordered" it for you and maybe is just waiting on it with a stock of other vehicles?? I know there is a priority level with each order they place.

I hope this info helps. Call around and ask other dealers if they can help you get a truck sooner.

Better yet, if you want I'll call my salesman and see if he can shed some light on the issue.

HANG IN THERE, I hope you all get your FEH's soon so you can start enjoying them!

08FEH

Old 08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

DORA = DEALER ORDER RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGMENT. (I THINK)

I believe its the same sheet you got on 6/12, but mine only shows a partial VIN. The partial VIN is my concearn that there is some huge hold up at Ford.

I would be happy to fax my DORA to anyone that can shed a light if I am going to have a chance at all in the next month. This is the first MMH that the dealer has sold and ordered. There other two FEH were part of stock and taken by other dealers.

The dealer is telling me everything they know. The sales guy is a personal friend of mine. I am just afraid FORD is way behind and with the impending Sept. 14th contract issues, I am afraid of UAW striking.

This is a site FORD employees provide vehcile tracking if you have a VIN number.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=80

Old 08-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Enthusiast

I had ordered a 08 FEH on June 7. We have been checking status each Friday, but build has not been scheduled yet. Tonight the dealer called me after a meeting with his District Rep.: Ford hopes to get the build scheduled in late Sept. with delivery sometime in Oct.!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

I placed my order May 19th, it was built June 22nd, and I picked it up July 7th (7/7/07) It's a great vehicle! The tracking help from blueovalforms was great too.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 AM
2008 FEH FWD

Just over 11 weeks and mine was finally built on Friday 7/27! Here are the dates from the Ford Employee site:

Receipt Date: 5/9/2007
Serialize Date: 6/14/2007
Segment Date: 6/14/2007
Sequence Date: 7/2/2007
Blend Date: 7/19/2007
Produced Date: 7/27/2007
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

I find it hard to believe that my 5 week delay on getting to the Serialize step wasn't something to do with my dealer. I can't prove it, but when I see others ordering theirs 3 weeks after I did and getting it almost a month before me just makes me wonder. I can't believe it was an option issue either. The only option I didn't get was the Nav system. The dealer did tell me there were no delays because of parts.

Once I have the car, I'll tell them what I really think and possibly file a dealer complaint.

Last edited by Jim745; 08-02-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

While your delay was possibly too long, at least the vehicles built after June 6th get better frontal crash test ratings for the driver. We have yet to figure out what change Ford made, but prior to June 6th the Escapes get 3 stars, after they get 4...

Quick Reply: What's has been everyones experience ordering a Hybrid.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands