Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Where are they?

I'm trying to determine if new FEHs are being delivered. Before Viper Pilot went off the air, I had a ship date of Sept 22. A gentleman in Canada had a ship date of Sept 15. Then there was the "transmission rumor" and then there was a vacation shutdown that ended last Monday. I don't have any more information and my dealer doesn't know either. Have any new FEHs been delivered in Oct? Anywhere? Thanks Julian

Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Where are they?

Has anyone that previously ordered a FEH, been able to pick it up in October? Hopefully a new week will bring good news. I see that there are a few on lots in parts of the country. There aren't any in the Southeast. Hope things get moving soon. Thanks Julian

Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast

I'm puzzled why no one would respond to this but I can now close it out myself. Our FEHL arrived in Rome, GA TODAY !!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

I ordered 6 months ago (when the ordering banks first opened) and my dealer just emailed me that mine is being built tommorrow.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

I ordered mine 4-1/2 months ago. Still no VIN number. After talking to the regional manager at Ford (this is a Ford employee... not a dealer employee), he checked on my order and compared to the region's monthly allocation to determine what month my car would get built (the week and date aren't known until they issue the VIN number). This, btw, is pretty much the _only_ way to find out when a car is going to be built without having a VIN number. BUT... he told me the VIN numbers are assigned sometime during the first week of each month for the cars that will be built the *following* month. So cars being built in the month of November should get a VIN assignment by the 2nd week of October. Well... 2nd week has come & gone... no VIN.

Had a VIN number been assigned it would mean my total wait would be about 6 months. As it was not assigned it means my wait will almost surely go to a 7th month (if not longer). <sigh>

Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Enthusiast

I ordered mine the first week of September, got a call from the dealer yesterday with a VIN and an estimated build date the end of November.