Who JUST received their MMH/FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Who JUST received their MMH/FEH?

I'm trying to get some idea of how long it is taking now from order to delivery time?
If you could share when you ordered your MMH/FEH and when you picked up your vehicle, that would help me get a better time frame.

thanks!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Who JUST received their MMH/FEH?

Ordered October 10th, picked up December 19th. Northern Virginia/DC area.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harrynew
Ordered October 10th, picked up December 19th. Northern Virginia/DC area.
I ordered mine on Oct 17, and today, the dealer told me that his rep said mine wouldn't even be scheduled for 2 more months. That would put delivery out to mid April if I'm lucky.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just noticed that officially, the FEH delivery times have changed from 16 weeks to 4 months. Not a big difference in actual time, but the fact that Ford has switched from using "weeks" to "months" doesn't give me a comfortable feeling.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hello:

I picked up my 08 FEH yesterday, here is my timeline :

Receipt Date: 8/31/2007
Serialize Date: 11/29/2007
Segment Date: 11/29/2007
Sequence Date: 12/10/2007
Blend Date: 12/14/2007
Produced Date: 1/2/2008
Gate Release Date: 1/2/2008
Ship Date: 1/3/2008
Arrival Date: 1/11/2008
Sold Date: JANUARY 17, 2008

All in all -- 4 1/2 months . When I was speaking with the General Sales Manager, he said that if I were to order one now the estimated delivery timeline is for October (I hope that he was talking about this year ).

I am up in Canada & the dealership is in Ottawa, ON.

I did manage to test drive a FEH last summer, but I am amazed at how these vehicles function. After I got home (we live on a farm 50 minutes from the big city), I took my wife for a ride & we "putted" around the crossroads village close to us on EV for 5 minutes or so.

If you have a vehicle on order be patient, I think that it will be worth the wait.

Hugo - a total newbie owner.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:53 AM
N/A

This is from a fleet supplier website and is the current estimate of Ford's production "lead time" in weeks:

2008 Production Update

Ford / Lincoln - Mercury Trucks
Last Updated: 01/16/08

Ford Escape/Escape Hybrid/Mercury Mariner/Mariner Hybrid

10-12/28-30/10-12/14-16

Old 01-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Enthusiast

Hugoland - Can you tell us if your new FEH has the radio controls ON the steering wheel?

Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

YES greeneagle, there is a set of audio controls on the right hand side of my steering wheel. The location of them mirrors the set of cruise control buttons on the left side.

The other change that was pointed out to me by the "hybridologist" guy on staff was that the parking brake is now a step down pedal on the left drivers side leg area with a pull release above it. I checked & the 07s had a lever type "pull" parking brake beside the gearshift in the centre console area - likely not "new" news to anyone here but a change from the previous model year.

I forgot to ask for no dealer sticker, so I put my fingernail under the dealership logo (a raised plastic stick on) and with a bit of pressure it popped off. Only a little bit of sticky stuff left on the paint & it rolled off with my finger. It likely helped that the temperature was -1C (just under 32F).

H

Last edited by hugoland; 01-18-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast

Just curious. I ordered a MMH Sept 2007, was built Jan 9th of 2008, expected delivery date is the end of January 2008. I know others who have posted indicate that the radio controls on new FEH now have the radio controls, but I'm not sure about the MMH's. WIll just have to be patient a little longer. Feel like a kid counting the days to Christmas! I did order the remote start but did pass on the ambient lighting ($275 range for colored cupholders and light on the floor). Will put the money towards floor mats. Thanks again!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Enthusiast

I took a little different approach. I Wanted to get my FEH in 2007 so I could get the tax credit this year. Instead of ordering a new one from a Ford dealer, I went through AAA's auto broker, AAA Autosource, who found a new/demo 2008 4WD FEH on another lot in Oregon. Several dealers have one or two on the lot here in Oregon. Had to travel 150 miles from home to get it but we put the request in to AAA Autosource the week before Thanksgiving, did the paperwork that week, and picked it up the day after Thanksgiving. It worked out because we went sort of in that direction to visit family on Thanksgiving. Going through an auto broker worked really well because they did all the footwork and found 3 different choices for us. Of course, if you want certain options, you may not find what you want this way, but we were just looking for a basic model and they seemed to have no problem finding it. Our only requirements were that it be 4WD and NOT white or black. The one we ended up with was a green 4WD with about 200 miles on it when we picked it up.

As an aside, we started out trying to go through the Costco's auto broker program but all they did is refer us to the local Ford dealer, who seemed unable to work a trade out with other Ford dealers to get an FEH for us. We worked with him for about a month before giving up and going to AAA.

Quick Reply: Who JUST received their MMH/FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands