why the ford escape is worth more than the "upscale" mercury mariner???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default why the ford escape is worth more than the "upscale" mercury mariner???

Im a little lost....i did a KBB.com value of a 2006 mariner Hybrid and a 2006 ford escape hybrid with 128100 miles and it turns out the ford escape is worth close to 200 dollars more.....would someone care to explain? I thought the mercury was the nicer of the two....so why is it worth less? Perhaps because the mercury is being discontinued after 2010?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Default Re: why the ford escape is worth more than the "upscale" mercury mariner???

Originally Posted by mijohnst
Im a little lost....i did a KBB.com value of a 2006 mariner Hybrid and a 2006 ford escape hybrid with 128100 miles and it turns out the ford escape is worth close to 200 dollars more.....would someone care to explain? I thought the mercury was the nicer of the two....so why is it worth less? Perhaps because the mercury is being discontinued after 2010?
Just look how many Fords are sold over the same body vehicle as the Mercury. The Mercury brand may look better to some, but new and resale has never been as good as the Ford name.

I was at a dealership that sold both Ford and Lincoln/Mercury looking at my now '02 EB Explorer. The salesman was a long time friend and mentioned buying the Mercury at a better price. We agreed the Ford had a better resale value and the Mercury just wasn't worth the discount for that reason.

Lincoln is in a class of it own and I have bought the Navigator and others. It may have been another story if Ford had dropped the Mercury name and called it the Lincoln Mariner etc. To bad so sad that Ford should have dropped the Mercury name years ago. Mercury sounds like a knock-off of a Ford and Lincoln to many people. You and I know different but that doesn't help sales.

GaryG

Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: why the ford escape is worth more than the "upscale" mercury mariner???

Not sure if it's worth $200, but didn't the FEH come with the 110 inverter whereas the MMH did not?