Why no moon roof with vista blue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Why no moon roof with vista blue?

Hi all,

I just put an order in for an 08 FEH on Wednesday (dealer says a 6-8 wk wait ) and wondering if anyone knows the real reason you can't get a moon roof with the vista blue paint color.

I got pretty much everthing I wanted - Nav, Premium package, vista blue color - but I've enjoyed having a moon roof in past vehicles. I wasn't crazy about being forced into buying the Sirius sattelite radio system as a package with the moon roof, so the vista blue won out over the moon roof mostly for that reason. I'm just not keen on paying for listening to radio because I don't really pay much attention to the regular radio already - mostly just there for background noise.

But anyway, does anyone know the real reason no moon roof is available with the vista blue? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the heck the color of paint would have to do with being able to install a moon roof - and haven't come up with a good reason yet.

Last edited by chesterakl; 06-01-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Why no moon roof with vista blue?

Need big as target as possible for bird poop? as they seem to love blue the most, followed by black!

Congrats on the purchase. Have you seen a Visa in person? In my opnion it's not a bad color, just more Blue than I wanted, if that makes sence. It's not so much a bright blue, but it's bold I guess is what I'm trying to describe. Reminds me of 97-99era Blue on F150s, looked good, but on an Expedition, was just to much. Again my opnion. I went with the Ice Blue my self, almost had to order one as well, until I found some at a dealer 250mi away in Dallas. I got the moonroof only because it was there & the other options are what i wanted. I figure after the 6mos is up (which I don't ever recall doing anything to activate the service) It'll just be an option never used! I have: Ice Blue, FWD, Chrome Pkg, Preiemiem Pkg, 6CD Upgrade (not audiophile, wife wouldn't let me ), & moonroof. Personally didn't want Nav as I'm only going to drive in my city, andthing over about 200 miles we fly to. While the 'Scape is definatly smaller than an Expedition, It's still easier to pack the Garmin for our "road" trips .

Hope you enjoy the ride! Atleast gas has started falling a little here pre hurricane season so maythe wait won't be so bad!

Last edited by 08hybridok; 06-01-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:30 AM

it has nothing to do with "being able" to install a moonroof. With a limited production vehicle like the hybrid, Ford is restricting the available colors/options. It makes it easier and cheaper for them, as I think they do "runs" of hybrids. Same reason when I bought my MMH they only offered one interior color.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by chesterakl
But anyway, does anyone know the real reason no moon roof is available with the vista blue? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the heck the color of paint would have to do with being able to install a moon roof - and haven't come up with a good reason yet.
From other Ford models, it is most likely that one of the paint robots working on the moon-roof body line, has either quit or taken a leave-of-absence. Being one robot short, Ford had to select one color to not be offered, and vista blue fell victim.

Hopefully, as the model year progress, the robot will return, or Ford will hire a replacement. Then, you will see many, many FEH's in your neighborhood with a moon roof, in vista blue, constantly teasing and tauting you.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I probably shouldn't mention this in these here parts..... but the reason I chose the vista blue is because I have a Shelby Cobra replica car that I built that's painted almost the exact same color and I really like it on the Cobra.

Part of the reason I bought the FEH also (it's going to be a company-owned car) is that we are a construction company and we are trying to get into the LEED system work (I'm a LEED certified AP), and right now I have a 2000 Lincoln Navigator. I've just been feeling way too guilty telling people about the pluses of building to the LEED system, and then I pull out of the parking lot from the meeting in a Navigator - not cool! I do love driving the Navigator, but I just can't overcome that disconnect in my mind with what we're trying to push with LEED.

I mostly bought the NAV for the drive system monitoring and the upgraded sound system that comes along with it. I already have a Garmin eTrex handheld GPS that I really like, so I'm not sure yet if I'll end up using the FEH's NAV system while driving or just stick with the Garmin.

Last edited by chesterakl; 06-01-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Awesome Chuck! What kit/engine did you put in your Cobra replica?

No worries about mentioning guzzlers... I have a 68 Mustang vert that probably doesn't get any more than 10mpg. Granted, I've only put 4000 miles on it in 9 years, so I'm not messing up the planet too bad.

What is LEED?

Old 06-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

It's a Classic Roadsters kit with a 351w engine rigged for 430hp. I guess the justification in my mind for that thing is that it's just a hobby/show car - I probably put less than 2,000 miles a year on it.

LEED stands for "Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design". It's the rating system that's been getting a lot of press the last three or four years for designing and constructing a building to be more "green". More info on it can be found here if you're curious and seek more information: http://www.usgbc.org/