Wrech Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Wrech Light

So i'm 1000km from home attending a funeral and when we leave, I notice the wrench light is on.

I pulled over, shut down the ICE, started it back up and no light; as soon as I put my 08 FEH into drive the wrench light comes on.

I drove home yesterday without any issues at all, everything drove fine, no shaking, fuel economy is as expected when doing highway speeds with the hilly terrain in the area.

I dropped it off at the stealership this morning and the tech's are looking at it right now and indicated it may be a transmission issue; something about 4wd clutch open? They're passing it on to the transmission people and only time will tell.

Anyone else experienced this before? My warranty is now up but the hybrid systems warranty is still valid. Seeing as the eCVT is a hybrid only component, i'm crossing my fingers and hoping it is covered otherwise i'm looking at a very expensive repair.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wrech Light

Turns out there is a wiring harness issue. One of the wires is bad so a new one will be here tomorrow. This is not covered under the warranty, uugggg...

Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

How much is the dealer charging for this "wiring harness issue"?

Is that the extent of the problem, the wrench light comes on?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Battery wiring harness? There was a Nation wide recall in Sept. 2007 for this issue. But your vehicle was built after this recall. But was your battery pack built prior to Sept. 2007?