wrench light/service soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default wrench light/service soon

I purchased a used 2005 feh about a week ago, has 41k miles, my wife says the wrench light came on and the message center said service soon, not sure what the problem could be, no codes on my scangauge, anything i should be concerned about, hasnt happened to me yet today. thanks for any help.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: wrench light/service soon

Need more information. There are only.... oh... 500 or so reasons that could trip that light to come on. I would take a wait and see approach if it is driving fine. If it happens again, pay close attention to all the conditions at the time, and just prior.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

thats what i thought, but i do have 30 day warranty but if no codes are showing what is carmax gona be able to do, i guess i better get that extended warranty real quickly. We really like it, i am averaging about 37 mpg today, that was using the get to 40mph quick then let off approach, seems to work really well. also noticed that the ICE was maybe missing or idling a little rough some times. i will keep an eye on it, one other thing, with the scanguage do i just hit scan to see any codes, or is there another trick to getting the codes out. thanks

Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast

I own a '06 FEH with 38K miles on it. About 5 months ago the "Service Soon" (a.k.a. the wrench light) light came on while driving the car. FYI, the "Service Soon" light is a different indicator than the "Check Engine" light. While the "Service Soon" light was on, the car did not exhibit any problems and ran normally. The light went away once the engine was turned off and the light did not turn on again after starting the car. Since then, the "Service Soon" light has intermittently turned on while driving. The light clears once the engine is turned off. The annoying problem has probably occurred about 15+ times since. I've taken it to a Ford dealer to have them diagnose the problem, but they have no clue to what's causing the "Service Soon" light to come on. They've tried connecting scanners to get read outs from the on board computer, but the the computer reports no problems. They've had to call the Ford Hotline several times and are now trying to reproduce the problem by driving the car around while it is connected to a scanner. On a prior visit to the dealer regarding this problem, they cleared the computer and supposedly loaded new software in it, but that did not fix the problem. I'll try to update this thread with any new info.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast

BTW, the light has come on in different driving conditions. For example, while driving on the highway or driving on regular streets. I've also tried to note the mileage between the light turning on, but with no discernible pattern.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just for grins, check all your air filters. I got the same wrench, and it was a plugged air filter for the HV battery. Since it was supposed to have been changed about 3k earlier I didn't suspect it.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply salsbr. The hybrid is currently at the dealer, and I'm stuck with a loaner getting not-so-great gas mileage. I'll ask them about the HV battery air filter.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

cant be that on mine, ive already checked the filter just after i bought the car, it hasnt happened to me yet only when my wife was driving it happened one time, weve had it about 3 weeks and love it. i will update if i find anything out. thanks

Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

My 'wrench light' came on a few weeks ago. But I attributed it to the fact that I had just driven through a huge puddle (on the road, it was raining frogs). After a while ( a few days) it turned off and never came back on. I'll ask next time I have it in and they have it hooked up to the computer, but I suspect it was just a glitch or a damp sensor.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

carmax couldnt find anything wrong, no codes that they could find, they sent it to the ford dealers today so hope they can find something over there, hope they know how to work on hybrids, or even have a hybrid tech.

Quick Reply: wrench light/service soon

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands