Are you smarter than a ford mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Are you smarter than a ford mechanic?

I wouldn't replace cooling fans without either fan failure noise or a TAV that supports fan failure.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

And a follow up, I have had a cd stuck in my changer that keeps trying to load/eject. I suggested to the dealer that this could possibly drain my HV. No was the answer. Well today I messed around with the CD player again and finally stuck a metal nail file in and poked around and out popped two cd's! And the player still works on the other discs.
The startling part is, my car instantly restored to its correct operations (accelerated perfectly, no stuttering, HV energy flow worked as it should) I hope that was 'it'. So could there be a small drain that is enough to mess with the HV and its normal operations? I will post back in a week or two if it is still okay. Sooner if it is back again.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Enthusiast

Don't know if I am smarter - but this sounds like your electronic throttle body is the cause. They can cause issues without throwing a code. If your scans show a normal range of temperatures, with no DTCs present, think about what this TB does. It sends inputs to see if you are requesting a heavy or light throttle application, and has to give it's input to the computer which is calculating catalytic temp, speed, battery temp, etc. The throttle body does its part by telling the computer what load you are requesting. There was a recall (which you are out of) that replaced the TB. They are not too expensive and are quite simple to replace.