2015 Accord Hybrid - Cruise Control & Engine Stutter

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:30 AM
FOG
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2015 Accord Hybrid - Cruise Control & Engine Stutter

Shot in the dark, but anything ever come of this? I have a 2014 Hybrid with the same annoying issue only I don't need to be in cruise to notice it.. Any help would be great.

Originally Posted by Frankie7
The cruise thing doesn't happen as much for me as some others (I think even my 30-50% of the time I said before is probably too high, maybe more like 20%), but it seems like I can keep it from happening by just keeping the gas pedal where it is (to maintain my 70 mph speed or whatever) for 3 or 4 seconds after I hit the cruise button. It's annoying, but not as annoying as slowing down 5 mph and then having to speed back up.

I had my car in for an oil change anyway so I told them about the problem, and told them about a place where they could test it to confirm it (which was about 10 miles away on the highway). The service advisor (who was kind of a jerk to begin with) flat out told me that they wouldn't drive it that far to test it. So he just had some dude drive it around at 35 mph nearby and told me there was nothing wrong with it. I told him there was something wrong with it, they just refused to test it in a manner that would demonstrate the problem. His solution (rather than make a 20 minute test drive) was for me to leave the car with them for 2 or 3 days so one of their techs could drive it back and forth to work. No thanks.

I'm planning on trying a different dealership and hopefully finding a more nearby place where it will exhibit the problem. If that doesn't work then I'll start *****ing up a storm at one or both dealerships.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast

I have over 100k miles now on my car. Every time I've mentioned it to the repair guys at the dealership I use to have the car serviced, all they say it "problem cannot be replicated when on a test drive". Great...... thanks Honda.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast

Did anyone solve this? I also have the same issue.