2015 Accord Hybrid Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:29 AM
Owner
Default Re: 2015 Accord Hybrid Questions

Sorry to hear of your power problem; and, thanks for sharing. My only issue thus far has been the gas cap warning light comes on intermittently (and there are a few cuts on the rear door seals). Does topping off the gas tank cause this problem?

Any other quality issues new Accord Hybrid owners are seeing? For example, does anyone monitor dealer "service advisories" or recalls? Let's share these to keep on top of potential problems.

BTW: Just hit 4k - MPG is improving with the weather (latest tank is at 39) Planning to DIY my first oil change tire rotation at 5k. First 'big' road trip will be 2k in May visiting 5 MLB parks with my son. Will post all results as updates dictate.

Till then...Have a great spring and blessed Easter holiday!

Last edited by Rayseen; 03-19-2015 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Love the car so far. I had to ditch the energy-saving tires because they offer no traction in the snow, so I expect my mileage will go down for that. Mileage also takes a big hit in the winter - moreso than with my old Camry hybrid. I think the cabin heating is less efficient. I bottomed out at 42, though, so that's still not bad.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Owner

Hope you didn't just toss the tires. Mine are Michelin e-tires too and only on snow did they slip - otherwise stick like glue to the road. Willing to tradeoff the traction issue since even in wintry Wisconsin, the roads are only snow-covered about 10% of the time.
I agree with the winter MPG and heating issues though. Seems the car is slow to get blast of heat going.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

Closing in on 13,000 miles, only issues have been intermittent gas cap warnings (topping off not the cause), and driver door rubber seal came loose, had to be replaced.
With warmer weather in SoCal again, I am up to 45-46 mpg per tank now.
Running AC does not appear to lower MPG in this car (fan on low).

Dont like the interior silver trim (reflections) nor the black sparkle around radio etc. Looks like it is dirty 24/7.

Overall for the $, great car esp if you want size vs a punty Prius.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

I live in Albuquerque and we are at 5000 plus feet. When I first got the hybrid, I only got 46mpg and the salesman said it would get better as I broke it in. I, of course, thought he was full of it. But to my surprise, as I have hit 1000 miles, I get 50mpg. Now, I am very careful and easy on the gas but don't drive like a grandma. (sorry grandmas).

I have not seen anything going wrong so far. The Bluetooth connection to my phone is annoying sometimes as it doesn't connect for a couple mins. I love this car though so far.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drferrell
New to this group. Shopping for a new hybrid and have driven the Prius and Accord thus far. Next on the test drive list are the Fusion and Sonata.

I was impressed with the Accord but have some questions:

1. what are current owners actually seeing for MPG in real world driving

2. any problems to watch out for

3. looking at the Touring model to get the nav ... does that model include fog lights like the Touring version of the non hybrid

Any input would be appreciated ... thanks in advance!
I have had the 2014 EX-L for just over a year now with 27K. As for the "real world" MPG, that depends on the climate you live in. I am in Minnesota and during the winter months, it is not good. You can see my MPG here -> http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/acco...th2boys/306469

95% of my driving is HWY!

Also, the stock tires, IMO, on slush/snow really suck.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast

Hello all,
New to this forum and also new to hybrid. This is my first hybrid 2015 honda accord touring, I bought it used from Honda dealership as a certified pre-owned with 19,500 miles. Just finished fill-up fuel for the first time after the full-tank provided from the dealership. My calculation of MPG is 40.5 with mixed driving 60% city 40% freeway. I live in Houston, Texas so roadways are flat and hot so with 100% use of AC.

I read on some other forums about driving with "B" mode will increase MPG. Is this true and has anyone experience driving with this mode? and also, does it safe for the car engine to use the "B" mode full-time?