2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Mileage at 40mpg

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM
rjg
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Mileage at 40mpg

i have a 2014 Accord Hybrid. My mileage is generally 38mpg, but we do live in a hilly area so that kills the mileage. I think the Honda hybrid system is not up to what Toyota has. Why do I have to push a stupid button on the console to lock it into EV mode. If this button is so important it should be on the steering wheel vs on the console which requires taking your attention off the road to push it. Also, why doesn't the car have a temperature gauge? Relying on an idiot light is old school. In short, my mileage is a bit of a disappointment. I am not in love with the CVT transmission, which sounds like a motorboat when the tranny is catching up to the engine. Oh well.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Enthusiast

I am at 3,800 miles. I believe it depends on where you are driving.

I took a long road trip driving 75 mph, I got 42 mpg.

The car loves a traffic jam, on the way to work, I've gotten 50+ mpg.

The car hates the cold, if you turn on the heater it will run the engine even if you don't need battery power. The car seems to run the engine, just to keep the engine warm at times. Therefore, I am likely to use the seat warmer in winter (Atlanta temps are mild anyway).

I am trying to be less aggressive when I accelerate and it's improving my mileage.

My fuelly stats are below.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustman
With the HAH sold and now having 5k miles on the Tesla, it's interesting to see the similarities between the two vehicles. In particular, B in the HAH is similar in design intent behind the driver selectable more aggressive brake/regen in the Tesla, and both work quite well. It would be nice to see HAH do a similarly aggressive setup.

BLNT
Doubling down on the not understanding physics, I see.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjg
i have a 2014 Accord Hybrid. My mileage is generally 38mpg, but we do live in a hilly area so that kills the mileage. I think the Honda hybrid system is not up to what Toyota has. Why do I have to push a stupid button on the console to lock it into EV mode. If this button is so important it should be on the steering wheel vs on the console which requires taking your attention off the road to push it. Also, why doesn't the car have a temperature gauge? Relying on an idiot light is old school. In short, my mileage is a bit of a disappointment. I am not in love with the CVT transmission, which sounds like a motorboat when the tranny is catching up to the engine. Oh well.
The button really isn't that important. People overuse it. Most people would probably be better off just leaving it alone, and is it really that difficult to find by touch?

Also the HAH does not have a CVT transmission and it'd be pretty silly to operate the engine in a less efficient manner just so that you don't get the "motorboat" sound.