Accord Battery Modules

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Accord Battery Modules

[I realize the dangers of working with high voltage and know the safety protocols to ensure accident free maintenance]

I'm going to change out my HAH NiMH D cell 1.2V batteries when it comes time to replace them but where to get new (if not used) battery modules (10 modules total each containing 12 cells) I haven't a clue.

I haven't seen a single photo inside an Accords hybrid battery compartment online and have no way of knowing (without disassembling my own only to have to reassemble everything immediately after) if the HCH or insight's NiMH modules would fit in my HAH battery pack. I have read that the the insight and HCH have 20 cells per module but it looks like 2 sets of six cells in shrink wrap.

Does anyone have any insight into this (pardon the pun)?

I think the ideal situation would be to have a spare pack (batteries + enclosure) that you can condition and rotate every oil change to acheive optimal cell health over the lifespan of the car. And the conditioning could validate failing modules that could be conviently replaced.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Accord Battery Modules

I noticed that the hybrid elements haven't been behaving normally, because our car is out of warranty and we were charged for the diagnostics used to determine that the software needed updating.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Accord Battery Modules

Okay, random posts that don't make much sense. Either Banadict isn't very strong with english, or is a spambot...