Accord Hybrid - AC refrigerant question

Old 06-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Accord Hybrid - AC refrigerant question

Originally Posted by S Keith
I almost like your dealer. $180 is a great price for a dealer evacuation and charge. The oil alone is $60 for 50mL. Personally, I'd do it.
Dealer now says full vacuum and recharge (so not necessarily flush but it's good enough for me on a ten year old car) is $165 with labor and parts combined. They are not recommending any parts replacement.

Going in next week!

AC still blowing 45 degrees.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

The dealer did the AC evac and recharge service, and assured me many times that the work was done properly for my car and they know it is a hybrid.

But I am beginning to distrust every mechanic in the world because the service advisor could only tell me that R134A is the correct fluid. I kept asking about the compressor oil but no real answers besides "R134A" is the correct one. "The important thing is that it has the "A" behind R134." No mention of SE-10Y oil or electrical properties.

Plus they added R134A Dye, again no mention of whether this is the correct Tracerline dye or something else. At this point I would like to submit my car as the official guinea pig test car of potentially contaminated AC compressor oil.

Last edited by gafortiby; 06-28-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow. I'm a little dubious as well. However, most people making arrangements for the service don't necessarily know very much.

Hopeful that the actual technical people understand what is required.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Enthusiast

Hello my 05 Accord hybrid Ac stop work month before I took to my mechanic told me to go to dealer and checked out they found compressor lock and a hole in condenser they wants $1700 for parts + labor but I ordered both parts from a accidental car condenser with dryer and compressor Now I need ur help I can take to my mechanic and install them? And what cautions need to this complete process pls help me thnx

Old 10-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gafortiby
The dealer did the AC evac and recharge service, and assured me many times that the work was done properly for my car and they know it is a hybrid.

But I am beginning to distrust every mechanic in the world because the service advisor could only tell me that R134A is the correct fluid. I kept asking about the compressor oil but no real answers besides "R134A" is the correct one. "The important thing is that it has the "A" behind R134." No mention of SE-10Y oil or electrical properties.

Plus they added R134A Dye, again no mention of whether this is the correct Tracerline dye or something else. At this point I would like to submit my car as the official guinea pig test car of potentially contaminated AC compressor oil.
gafortiby - I'm curious if you're still around and how everything worked out. I myself have put a can of AC Pro in my 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid. After doing so, I noticed the "not for hybrids with electric compressors" notice on the back. I didn't think much of it since I have a belt. I didn't realize the compressor itself was also a hybrid. Go figure. It was in my system for a good year (beginning of summer 2017) with no issues. After this summer, I'm having weird compressor shut down issues. I'm curious if your car survived the experience.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seanehlert
gafortiby - I'm curious if you're still around and how everything worked out. I myself have put a can of AC Pro in my 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid. After doing so, I noticed the "not for hybrids with electric compressors" notice on the back. I didn't think much of it since I have a belt. I didn't realize the compressor itself was also a hybrid. Go figure. It was in my system for a good year (beginning of summer 2017) with no issues. After this summer, I'm having weird compressor shut down issues. I'm curious if your car survived the experience.
Hello,
My car is still working fine and AC is still blowing cold. I have not done anything to the AC since I had the dealer look at it when I posted my experiences.