accord hybrid spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default accord hybrid spark plugs

i have honda accord hybrid 2005 and i was checked the spark plugs and i found a brown layer on the ceramic insulator is that an indication that i need to change the sparks ?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: accord hybrid spark plugs

Is it close to the mounting flange? If yes then it is normal.
Does it look like this?

If yes then it is normal. It is called corona stain.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Enthusiast

yes its like this so i dont need to change the plugs thanks for help man

Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast

I noticed that this is an almost four-year-old thread, but I still wanted to ask a question about the spark-plugs... how difficult is it to replace the ones in the back side? I tried once, but was afraid to move forward as it seemed difficult to reach. Any advice? Dealership charges $350 to replace all six; I already replaced the front three.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gustavo Forastiere
I noticed that this is an almost four-year-old thread, but I still wanted to ask a question about the spark-plugs... how difficult is it to replace the ones in the back side? I tried once, but was afraid to move forward as it seemed difficult to reach. Any advice? Dealership charges $350 to replace all six; I already replaced the front three.
It's not bad. There's just enough clearance to use the tools you'll need back there to get the job done. The tough thing is being tall enough to reach back there for an extended period without getting too fatigued. Remember that you'll need several 3/8" extensions to reach way down in the deep plug sockets. Just be patient and don't rush it.

After all the work I've done on mine lately, replacing spark plugs seems like a PLEASURE to perform compared to replacing the ABS wheel speed sensors, lower ball-joint, etc.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Enthusiast

I just replaced mine maybe last month. And yes like he said patience is the key. Assuming its a hybrid as well. Remove the black cover and be sure to unhook the orange power wire from the fire wall. That will give you more room. I used this method. It helped me maybe it will help you. Again this is only my two cents. Using a magnet (the little stick that extends) drop your spark plug socket in (of course slowly lowering it with your magnet) then your extension (as many as you need depending on length) and then attach ratchet. Same thing when removing it. Piece by piece. Ratchet, then extension then spark plug and then reverse it all to put back in. Sorry if I lost you and like I said this worked for me. Done in like 30 minutes or so. And remember only ngk plugs