Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Here is a picture of the trip to the work place today.

This is a trip in the city driving speeds from like 30-55MPH. It is two lanes and stops/traffic etc. Just curious how it would do.

Here is a pic of the gages:

Old 08-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

That's pretty good. I'm not nearly as smooth of a driver I was a year ago, but I can still get 27-29 on a similar road myself.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast

Our first drive of any distance was thursday . The 350 mile drive averaged 37.4 mpg and the fuel gauge still reads a quarter tank!

Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Originally Posted by georgej
Our first drive of any distance was thursday . The 350 mile drive averaged 37.4 mpg and the fuel gauge still reads a quarter tank!
Hi George,

Very good is what I think, Great job on the FE (Fuel Economy).

Terry

Old 08-19-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by georgej
At that rate, you'll easily break a 500+ MPG tank.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Enthusiast

Welcome to the HAH club. It's disappointing that they discontinued the HAH. My wife was skeptical of my 05' HAH and said that I just wanted it for all of the amenities (navigation, heated seats, dual climate, etc.) but changed her tune after we drove across country moving out to the Bay area... we consistently got over 38mpg on each tank of gas. My best tank was about 520 miles and the yellow gas light came one but still registered 100 mile range left but I decided to fill up since we were about to hit the city and didn't want to pay the higher $ per gallon. We also just spent the weekend in Tahoe and I made it there, drove around, back, and still had enough to make a round trip commute the following monday - though I was riding on 0 range for about 20 miles.... got 554 miles off of 15.3 gallons. The best way I've found to maximize mpg is to always drive with cruise control and watch the echo light. If I hit a hill and am doing 75, I'll cancel cruise control until I get to the top of the hill or hit resume if I start slowing down too much. I drive 50 miles each way to work from downtown San Francisco to San Ramon and average 38.5mpg on the way there and about 36mpg on the way back when traffic is light.... I'm still trying to figure out how to maximize mpg in full stop and go traffic/city driving... I usually average 24~28mpg in the city.

I've noticed that my mpg is higher now than when I first got my HAH.. not sure if it's due to "figuring" out how to drive the HAH or if it's fully broken in... maybe both.... but I think you're mpg will improve with time.

Again, welcome to the HAH club.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by bdtang
Welcome to the HAH club. It's disappointing that they discontinued the HAH. My wife was skeptical of my 05' HAH and said that I just wanted it for all of the amenities (navigation, heated seats, dual climate, etc.) but changed her tune after we drove across country moving out to the Bay area... we consistently got over 38mpg on each tank of gas. My best tank was about 520 miles and the yellow gas light came one but still registered 100 mile range left but I decided to fill up since we were about to hit the city and didn't want to pay the higher $ per gallon. We also just spent the weekend in Tahoe and I made it there, drove around, back, and still had enough to make a round trip commute the following monday - though I was riding on 0 range for about 20 miles.... got 554 miles off of 15.3 gallons. The best way I've found to maximize mpg is to always drive with cruise control and watch the echo light. If I hit a hill and am doing 75, I'll cancel cruise control until I get to the top of the hill or hit resume if I start slowing down too much. I drive 50 miles each way to work from downtown San Francisco to San Ramon and average 38.5mpg on the way there and about 36mpg on the way back when traffic is light.... I'm still trying to figure out how to maximize mpg in full stop and go traffic/city driving... I usually average 24~28mpg in the city.

I've noticed that my mpg is higher now than when I first got my HAH.. not sure if it's due to "figuring" out how to drive the HAH or if it's fully broken in... maybe both.... but I think you're mpg will improve with time.

Again, welcome to the HAH club.
Hello,

I agree with your Post here. The cruise seems to be better at delivering FE than our FEET.

I'm glad I got in on the last year for the Accord Hybrid. It is one Fantastic Car.

Later,

Terry

Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Geez, tigerhonaker. Did you just come back from vacation?! There are a bunch of new posts with your name attached to them...

Old 09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Geez, tigerhonaker. Did you just come back from vacation?! There are a bunch of new posts with your name attached to them...
Hey Keith,

Catch up is really a lot of FUN on this Forum,

BTW, I think I am going to get really [SERIOUS] about Posting. Enough of this fooling around.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Oh crap...

Quick Reply: Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands