automatic transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default automatic transmission problem

Hi All

I have owned my HAH for about 5 months now and I have my first problem. When I come to a complete stop the autostop function comes on and the engine shuts down like normal then all of a sudden the engine kicks back on and the little green light on the dash that tells you you are in drive starts to flash. The manual says that when that light flashes it means there is a problem with the transmission. I have also noticed I am not getting as good of gas milage as I used to. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this problem or has any idea what is wrong with my car. I have an appointment with the dealership in a couple of days and the technician I spoke with said he was not sure of the problem but said it was safe to drive.

Thanks,
Elle

Old 09-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Default Re: automatic transmission problem

I believe I read elsewhere on this board about someone with a blinking drive light. I believe they had to take it to the dealer for repairs. I don't recal if any resolution was reported.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

PLEASE let us know what the problem & resolution are! This is the 1st vehicle that this particular transmission has been on- its a modified version of the AT on the regular Accord, so we are the guinea pigs.

Are there any other symptoms? Like high RPM at speeds, rough shifts, or higher than normal engine temp?

Old 09-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

There are some rough shifts especially in low gears. I have not paid much attention to temp but next time I drive I will look. Besides the engine kicking on in autostop and the rough shifts I don't think the eco is coming on like it used to. But that may just be my driving. Is there anything else I should look for? I will let everyone know what the problem is. Thanks

Old 09-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Enthusiast

Have owned a HAH for only 3 weeks now and it is already going back to the shop for the 3rd time with the same problem you have mentioned. The engine suddenly kicks back on and the drive light starts flashing. So far the dealer has no idea what the problem is.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

the resolution to this (new thread- easy to miss):

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...date.3681.html

rodents.

Isn't it 3 strikes = a lemon = new car?

What have they done/replaced so far? Have they mentioned any guesses as to what the problem could be?

Last edited by gonavy; 09-19-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

I believe it is 4 strikes = lemon here in Illinois. The first trip resulted in a sensor being replaced for the transmission. Second trip was "we found a bad connection". No word yet on trip 3.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Enthusiast

khowell4, I hope you get some answers soon and I hope Honda is not making you pay for any of these trips. The problem with my car was that rodents chewed through the wires at the connector going to the transmission control unit. They were going to make me pay until I made a phone call to Honda of America customer service and they ended up paying for my repairs as a Goodwill warranty claim. I too am in Illinois and I have had great service at Brad Barker Honda in Bloomington. Good luck!