Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   Back to back 600s? Nope. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/back-back-600s-nope-7919/)

hahguy 06-12-2006 10:17 PM

Back to back 600s? Nope.

I had a legit shot at back to back 600 mile tanks, but fell just short. The first one came easy dropping from 4500 feet in southern Oregon to Sacramento and back. The second one I didn't intend, but there it was, after half a tank, sitting over 37 mpg. So I started seriously nursing it, but wound up with a carload of friends on a weekend jaunt and they just didn't understand. They were going along with my antics until the needle got straight to the E and I was FASing and accelerating more slowly than they could imagine, still with nearly 80 miles to go. Running out of gas with them aboard was out of the question, so I chickened at 581.1 miles and filled up with 15.4 gallons....could have made it easily with more courage. Refuse to swap out the friends, though.

birchman2 06-13-2006 07:55 AM

Re: Back to back 600s? Nope.

Originally Posted by hahguy
I had a legit shot at back to back 600 mile tanks, but fell just short. The first one came easy dropping from 4500 feet in southern Oregon to Sacramento and back. The second one I didn't intend, but there it was, after half a tank, sitting over 37 mpg. So I started seriously nursing it, but wound up with a carload of friends on a weekend jaunt and they just didn't understand. They were going along with my antics until the needle got straight to the E and I was FASing and accelerating more slowly than they could imagine, still with nearly 80 miles to go. Running out of gas with them aboard was out of the question, so I chickened at 581.1 miles and filled up with 15.4 gallons....could have made it easily with more courage. Refuse to swap out the friends, though.

I know the feeling better to not run out of gas. On the fun side at least you had a carload of friends to help you push. ;)

bar10dah 06-13-2006 08:57 PM

Awesome! Congrats on your 'near' accomplishment! :)

gonavy 06-14-2006 06:30 PM

good stuff!