Bass Thud on Bumps

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Bass Thud on Bumps

I own an '05 HAH. On certain stretches of road, when I hit small bumps or cracks the speakers will rumble with bass for an extended amount of time. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

Originally Posted by Mwhis
I own an '05 HAH. On certain stretches of road, when I hit small bumps or cracks the speakers will rumble with bass for an extended amount of time. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Hello,

Nope I have just had my 2007 now for like a Month so far. Nothing unusual yet.

Maybe some of the 2005 owners will read your Post here and REPLY.

Later,

Terry

Old 09-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

are you sure it's the speakers?

I have posted about this on my 05 hybrid. It happens when I hit a bump - most of the time - but can also happen without hitting one while cruising at a certain rev range.

Car has been in 3 times for this and I can not replicate the noise with the tech in the car. I am hoping it is nothing serious or that continuing to drive it will cause no further harm.

first, the dealer said it was a malfunction egr valve; changing it did not fix it or make it go away.

mine occurs around 16-1800 rpms. increasing rev or taking foot of accelerator makes it go away.

it is VERY frustrating to pay this much for a bloody honda and have this occur. it really ruins an otherwise FINE automobile.

please email me - I would like to keep in touch with you in case you or I find resolve with this. . . .
m_teahan@yahoo.com

I hope we can get this fix.

Please try to experiment without the audio on; when my stereo is blasting, it sounds similar when a bass riff kicks in. I have to turn it down to see if it is from the car or the music.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

Here is my post from a few months back:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ues-hah-13028/

Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Hyiena. It sounds exactly like the same issue. I will keep and eye on the RPMs when it happens. Your right about the bass riffs, it seems to last 5 to 10 seconds. It's a distraction, but it drive my kids in the back seat crazy! I'll let you know of any updates.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Mine will hold the DRONE ZONE for as long as I keep the revs at that point where it kicks in. anything above or below, and it stops.

I feel like I am an expert at troubleshooting this by now - in doing so, I also discovered the noise at about 8-900 rpms, but the car is RARELY in that low of a range - so keep your ears peeled.

Odd - I never would've suspected speakers. I really dont think that is it.

more like tranny or suspension. . .but what do I know!

let me know what you learn.

Mark

Old 09-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...cy-noise-8055/

Start with post #14.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Bar, I will be heading to the Dealership soon!

Old 09-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast

See my post 10/10/2006 - same problem 05 HAH - my husband unhooked the back speakers - did not fix the noise. I have a friend that explained it as a "reverberation" coming from the trunk. My service manager said the noise was usual as it has a 200 lb battery in the trunk- bs to that! It drives me crazy on bumpy roads at low speeds. The car is spunky and extremely quiet otherwise. I certaining hope one of you gentleman can get an answer as they just look as women as "know nothing complainers when it comes to car problems".

Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sheila, you have the same problem as it's posted here? If so, unhooking the rear speakers will not help troubleshoot the issue, as the reverberations is actually coming out of the front speakers. Try to take the car to the dealer and ask about the service bulletin on the ANC system. Let us know how that goes.

Quick Reply: Bass Thud on Bumps

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands