Decision Time

Old 07-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Decision Time

Hi,
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a new car now after looking at them for like a year now. Went to the dealer today to check out the 06 HAH and saw the finance for it was really good(2.9%). I was pretty sure I'll get the TCH until I saw the finanace rate. After some calculations, the cost of borrowing for TCH was just unacceptable for me. I'll be paying $3000 less than TCH for the interest. Although at the end, the total price at the end is pretty small($200).

I just want to make sure on a few things.

a)Are the extra things that come with the navigation like TCH, or is it just navi only?(I'm leaning towards the non-navi model)

b)How's the trunk for everyday use? In terms of volume, the HAH > TCH by a little, but TCH has the trunk passthrough. Getting groceries and maybe going on a long trip occasionally is pretty important. It just seems that the trunk on HAH is used pretty effectivel.(lots of flat areas .,..etc)

c)n/m

D)How's the FE in city driving? Like do you have to babysit alot to get good FE(mid-high 30 to the 40s mpg maybe?) in the city?

Oh, and how's the leather seats? I've never had a car that has leather in it so I'm a bit concerned for the discoloring/cracks...etc.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Are there any auxillary inputs that I could buy so I can use my mp3 player?

Last edited by Railroad; 07-22-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Decision Time

Originally Posted by Railroad
Hi,
Went to the dealer today to check out the 06 HAH and saw the finance for it was really good(2.9%).
Are you sure that's hood on a HAH? According to my local dealers the 2.9% finance rate is only good on Honda trucks and vans.

Old 07-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Enthusiast

Ya, it's 1.9% for up to 3 years finance and 2.9% for 4 or more years for all the Accords including the Hybrid. By the way, this is in Canada.

Old 07-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ya, it's 1.9% for up to 3 years finance and 2.9% for 4 or more years for all the Accords including the Hybrid. By the way, this is in Canada.
Did you find that on a web site? If so please post a link.

Thanks!

Old 07-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Major Uranium Miner

Good for you in keeping the process of car buying rational. Although the emotion of the moment is impossible to completely avoid, it doesn't serve one well if that is the main criteria. (Double check on the interest rate. It is not listed on the Honda site.)

That being said, my HAH is the finest machine I have ever owned and is quickly replacing my previous main and first auto love - '62 Chevy Impala SS 409 dual quad. Performance, economy, and comfort are outstanding. The only drawback, (and I am sure you know this already), trunkspace is less than generous but still OK. I did not test drive the TCH but the HAH is superior in almost every way to the non-hybrid upper end Camary choices that I did test drive. Tough choice for me was between the HAH and Accord 4cyl but ride quietness on the highway won out. I think that the HAH is much like having a Lexus for a lot less money.

No question I would buy mine, CasperDesertMist, again.

To your questions:

I did not get the navi because living out here in Wyoming, if you need a detailed map you are in deep doo doo. I think that there are a few features that the navi adds like a real time FE - but takes away the more convient controls for heater/AC temp adjustment. WAY too pricey for a unit that is stuck in the dash.

Truckspace, as mentioned above, is small for a 5 pas vehicle. It is about the same as for a non-hybrid Civic. Fine for everyday and two or three on a trip but don't plan on an extended vacation with 4 adults unless all can pack lightly. (Tip: leave the ball gowns, hair driers and roller sets at home. Source- personal experience with a wife and two daughters in early 20's.)

So far I have been greatly pleased with the mileage, 24 to 33 in town and 34 to 42 on the highway. Lifetime 32.1 mpg. Somewhat better than the 2006 epa#s but about what I expected as I tend to get slightly better than epa. I bought this thing for the highway #s planning on lots of miles here in the cowboy state.

Leather seats are a different beast from cloth. A different tactile sensation for driving - but one that I like. My experience is that leather shows soil quicker than cloth but cleans very easily. A lot like a sofa cloth vs. leather would be to maintain. Both can stain if doused with a nasty - say cranberry or grape etc. be more carefull with the tan version. Leather will be more durable for sure.

No MP3 hookup is standard nor can you play mp3 cds but you can get an optional and expensive, (in my opinion), ipod connector. My answer is to burn conventional formatted cds (the cubby in from of the shift holds lots). On a related issue, after much thought, I have paid for the XM service. This was mainly for the news stations and weather channel. Thinking winter already.

Good luck with your purchase.

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a new car now after looking at them for like a year now. Went to the dealer today to check out the 06 HAH and saw the finance for it was really good(2.9%). I was pretty sure I'll get the TCH until I saw the finanace rate. After some calculations, the cost of borrowing for TCH was just unacceptable for me. I'll be paying $3000 less than TCH for the interest. Although at the end, the total price at the end is pretty small($200).

Old 07-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

Here it is.

For some reason, their non-navi option shows 7.55%, they probably forgot to update it.

Your location shows that you live in the states, so I'm not sure if it applies down there as well.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here it is.

For some reason, their non-navi option shows 7.55%, they probably forgot to update it.

Your location shows that you live in the states, so I'm not sure if it applies down there as well.
I also found it here: http://www.honda.ca/HondaCA2006/CheckeredFlag.asp?L=E I wonder why they're not doing this in the US?