Depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Depreciation

Here's thought: I heard the other day on NY radio that the Accord has the highest resale value of any car in NY. So why when I look at prices on eboy compared to a G35 sedan, does an 07 HAH like mine, loaded, nav, +dealer add ons that would have made it a 36-37k accord, sell for 8-10 k less than a G35 that wold have been stickered for 38-39k?

Hmmm....how's that for a run on sentence?

Old 03-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Depreciation

Just my hunch, add-on's tend to be negated at trade-in time. They will improve the number, but not much.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Depreciation

Most of them, that true enough. I think this girl who bought the car fell for the whole package. Window shades, mudflaps, extended warranty, and probably 'undercoating'. If it was a 33k car, 2k for the warranty, plus the other junk made it 36k+, about the price of a base G35 which are still bringing 22-25k(asking anyway). I'd be lucky to get near 15k for this one-a bigger difference than when new even for a loaded G. Ahh, time to get loaded and drown my $$ blues!