Engine Mount problem in 06 HAH

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Engine Mount problem in 06 HAH

Has anyone had any problems with their engine mounts or the control module that serves them?

My 06 HAH is in the shop now for the third time on this issue. It is basically a vibration that I feel, especially in ECO or ASST mode, usually at light throttle. You can feel it in the steering wheel, the pedals, the seat, etc. Kind of feels like starting a stick-shift car off in third gear instead of first.

The first time I brought it in, around 1500 or 2000 miles, they diagnosed and replaced the front engine mount. (this is the electronic mount that is supposed to cancel out the vibrations of the engine in 3-cyl mode). The problem got better, but returned again around 5,000 miles. The dealer this time said that it was "normal operation" and that there was no problem.

However, today, at around 7,500 miles, the problem was much worse, so I drove it over to the dealer, they are now working on it. The tech who went for a ride with me at first thought it was a transmission problem - said that there is a "first gear unloading valve" or something like that that causes trouble - thought maybe they needed to change the trans fluid. But after plugging the car into their diagnostic equipment, he decided that the problem was with the engine mount after all. So they are troubleshooting the engine mount and its control module, and in the meantime, I am driving an el-strippo Chevy Cobalt.

I am curious if anyone else has had trouble with the engine mounts, or this transmission problem that the guy was hypothesizing about.

Alec

Old 10-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Mount problem in 06 HAH

Well, the dealer had the car for two days, and finally gave up and told me there was nothing they could do -- everything checked out normal, they drove another 06 HAH and it drove the same way, etc...

Pisser. If it happens again, I guess I will be back at the dealer for another go-around.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

In addition to the HCHII in our household, my wife happens to drive an Odysey Touring. The Odyssey is widely documented to have this issue when in VCM mode, with 3 cylinders shut of. It's refferred to at ODYCLUB.COM as the "2100 rpm drone"

It hasn't bothered me enough to have them work on it. At odyclub many report the problem coming back after time...

Drive another HAH and see if it has he same issue you are refferring to. If is does have the same issue, and it is not too intrusive, it may be considered "normal" by Honda...

By the way do you work for McDonalds corporation or somthing like that?

Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

Hamburger Pimp is a character from the blaxploitation movie "Dolemite" starring Rudy Ray Moore. Not the most savory character in all of film history.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamburgerpimp
Hamburger Pimp is a character from the blaxploitation movie "Dolemite" starring Rudy Ray Moore. Not the most savory character in all of film history.
OK, gotcha - nothing to do with McD's. Did you happen to read up on that 2100rpm drone?... it sounds like the same thing you are experiencing.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:51 AM
Commuter of Many Miles

I get something like these symptoms on my 95 hah. When accelerating very lightly at low speeds, it feels like the electric motor is kicking in and causing some vibration, but the discharge indicator on the dash says that it's not happeneing. Anyway, its so minor that I have not brought it in or give it much thought...

Old 11-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast

after the dealer was unable to resolve the issue, I had the same problem repeat itself. But it will go away if you turn the car off and restart (kind of like rebooting your computer.) So I was unable to get back to the dealer before having to take the key out to prove to them that they have yet to repair this $&@^#@ problem. Maybe if it comes back I will be near a Honda dealer!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamburgerpimp
after the dealer was unable to resolve the issue, I had the same problem repeat itself. But it will go away if you turn the car off and restart (kind of like rebooting your computer.) So I was unable to get back to the dealer before having to take the key out to prove to them that they have yet to repair this $&@^#@ problem. Maybe if it comes back I will be near a Honda dealer!
If you're having trouble with your dealer fixing the issue, i would suggest calling Honda customer service. let em know whats going on, I've heard that if you get the right peoples attention that they have a whip they'll crack on shitty dealer service. Remember Bumper to Bumper warranty. best of luck.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Enthusiast

I am sorry to hear about your problem. It is really inconvenient when the deal is not dealing with your problem well. Fortunately, I haven't encountered similar problem on engine mount but I think it should be better to escalate your issue to Honda customer so your issue will be handled better