finally recieved the hybrid accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default finally recieved the hybrid accord

beautiful car, beautiful interior.

i got it today delivered on the flatbed truck.

i was wondering if anyone here has the wiring diagram for the airbag sensors, the junkyard cut the wire for airbag sensors,
also does anyone know if the radiator on the hybrid is the same radiator that is used on the 3.0 L v6 equipped non hybrid accords. also the condenser.
im going to purchase a steel hood hopefully this wouldnt make the gas mileage drop like 10 mpg.

the car needs the following -
radiator support
radiator
condenser
headlights
both airbags, drivers seatbelt, and airbag computer, airbag sensors
a/c discharge hose
passenger side fender
hood
bumper

i noticed at the bottom of the radiator there was two hoses for transmission fluid, as if it has a integrated transmission cooler in the radiator, i was wondering if the 3.0 v6 accords have the same setup, if so i would buy a standard 3.0 v6 radiator.

also does anyone know where i could find the oil for the a/c compressor?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: finally recieved the hybrid accord

You can get all of your answers from the parts counter at your local Honda dealership. They'll be able to look up those parts to see if they're interchangeable between the standard V6 and hybrid models.

Oil for the A/C compressor should be available from AutoZone, Checker's, Napa, etc.

You might be able to get lucky and find a hybrid Accord in a junkyard with rear damage. Go to a big junkyard that's connected by computer and if they don't have it, they'll be able to do a search of other junkyards that are on their network.

As for the wiring diagram, I think I might have it in the service manual. I'll try to look it up later this weekend and let you know what I find.

Good luck! And keep us posted (with pics, please!) on the repair work!

Old 04-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast

i found the airbag sensor and wires hidden in trunk, so i can splice those, along with some other wires i figured out which plug is for which wire using the color coding.

this car in comparison with other salvage prius's i fixed is much simpler, most of the parts can be found aftermarket on ebay .
so far i bought:
radiator support
front bumper cover
right fender
stock headlights
grille from a non hybrid ( not chrome )

here are some pics

Old 04-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Enthusiast

well first of all i wouldnt splice anything in the srs harness. resistances are crucial to the way the system works. second of all the srs unit and the front impact sensors and bags should all be the same as the non hybrid version of the car. the radiator should also be the same and as far as a/c oil normal pag oil is all it should take

Old 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast

so its been a couple months and progress has done very well, I already bought the paint and im ready to paint it by next week!!! OEM color dupont chromasystem.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow! Looks like you've come a long way! Definitely post pics after the paint job.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast

after airbag installation

Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast

i guess its long overdue but i finished painting it really long time ago

roughly about 5k miles later, of normal driving averaging about 31 mpg, the car drives great, smooth, and without the intake resonator the vehicle sounds very nice. Also looking on the forums i noticed people had the "problem" with the backfiring type of noise from intake, I have the same issue but it only happens sometimes, i notice it more when it switches from 3 to 6 cylinders.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Think green.

Looks like you did a great job! Thanks for posting the before and after pictures. Good luck with the car.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast

Very impressed!!!