HAH upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HAH upgrades?

Has anyone done and mods on their HAH? Suspension, wheels/tires, etc?

Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HAH upgrades?

No. I actually like the car as it sits. The only thing I plan on changing in the near future is upgrading the stock speakers.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Think the suspension specs are the same as a regular Accord?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 PM

I wouldn't think so because www.handaaccessories.com shows an upgraded sport suspension for the V6 Accord and goes on to say it's not compatible with the hybrid model. I'm sure a lot of the suspension components are the same, but I don't know which and why the upgraded struts don't fit our cars.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:33 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: HAH upgrades?

My HAH is still exactly the same as the day I took possession of it from Darrell Waltrip Honda in Franklin, TN.

No reason to mess with a Great Package IMO.........

tigerhonaker

Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
My HAH is still exactly the same as the day I took possession of it from Darrell Waltrip Honda in Franklin, TN.

No reason to mess with a Great Package IMO.........

tigerhonaker
I am with you on that. Only change/addition I have made to my HAH is adding a USA spec aux input converter.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:05 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: HAH upgrades?

Originally Posted by gonehiking
I am with you on that. Only change/addition I have made to my HAH is adding a USA spec aux input converter.
Well, I just drove the HAH the other day to fill it up and it read 11,000 Miles.

So, I guess it will make it for awhile longer.

Very Nice ride IMHO.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'd like to make some type of change to suspension. I do a lot of driving and I'm looking for a better ride. But they say on here it can't be done. WHY not? A better strut with more sping to it wouldn't help? I don't understand.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:51 AM

Hmm, no one in any of the HAH threads have ever said changing the suspension can't be done. There is one thread going on right now about suspension, and the only suggestion is changing the suspension more than likely won't give the type of ride the owner desires.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 AM
hypermiler wannabe
Default So glad you asked... ;)

I've been torn w/ how much I love my Accord Hybrid (Yes Tiger you were right!) and with how much I hate the space under the front fender. I didn't think I was a superficial guy, but I really wanted to bring the front end down just a tad to lose the curb-jumper look. Ride is almost the same, just a tiny bit more road noise and rather quick rebound over expansion joints. Both are acceptable to me; however, the wife hasn't ridden in it yet... gee, she doesn't even know I lowered it.

So I bought a full set of Tein-H's and had just the fronts installed. The drop is more than expected, but measures 2" just as the book said. It just "looks" lower.

More comparison pics here...

From my other post:

For this project, my goals were to keep the stock wheels and only drop the nose a bit to hide the gaping "cat hole" and hopefully increase my highway mpg (I'm trying to get 40mpg; 38's my best so far.) My '98 coupe had front & rear 2" drop and would bump in the rear when I had passengers. Going to drive it as is for a few weeks before deciding to drop the rear of the Hybrid or not.

That thread is found here.

Quick Reply: HAH upgrades?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands