Hybrid and Standard Accord Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid and Standard Accord Accessories

As of last night I am the proud owner of a 2005 HAH.
What I am wondering is the standard Accord and Hybrid the same body style and lug pattern? What are the differences (besides being a hybrid)?
I'm also looking into getting different rims. Does anyone know the weight of the stock rims and tires? Do they have the air pressure sensors? I didn't see them on the stems and also didnt see any indicator light on the dash.
Sorry about all the questions.
I'm like a little kid right now!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid and Standard Accord Accessories

Originally Posted by scizolt
As of last night I am the proud owner of a 2005 HAH.
Do they have the air pressure sensors? I didn't see them on the stems and also didnt see any indicator light on the dash.
Congratulations! There is no TPMS on 2005 HAH. TPMS did not become available until 2008 AFAIK.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:15 PM
hypermiler wannabe

Congratulations as well! (We own 6 cars, the Accord Hybrid is my daily driver)

The sedan bodies are identical, save no trunk pass-through and smaller trunk since the batteries are behind the back seats. (and the cool rubber antenna)

The wheels are unique to the Hybrid Accord, although any Honda 5-lug wheel will fit. I understand the hybrid wheels are a little lighter than the stock 16" (but can't verify that)

Of note, the tire size is 215/60 vs 205/60 for the gas V6. I think this is because the Hybrid has a bit more gross horse power. If you're looking to change your wheel and/or tire size, your speedo and mileage computer will be off a bit.

One more thing, you don't have a spare ('06's do, but 05's have a can of fix-a-flat...) keep that in mind on long trips!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the great replies. So far I am enjoying the car very much. Today I figured out the voice command and also the cruise control. I am going to very much enjoy the cruise control as some of my commute to work is expressway.
I notice there is a mpg by the speedo and one in the navigation. The speedo one says 27mpg and the Navigation one say 34mpg. What is the difference between the two?
As far as rim the weight goes I have been researching it, but cannot find anything. My friend has a MazdaSpeed 3 and has replaced his stock 18" rims. He said he could sell me the stock rims. I know the weight of his are about 23lbs a piece. I've read that Civic Hybrid rim weight is around 15lbs or so. I'll have to do some more digging on this.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidwells
The sedan bodies are identical, save no trunk pass-through and smaller trunk since the batteries are behind the back seats. (and the cool rubber antenna)
That's not entirely correct. The hood and front fenders are not interchangeable on the hybrid and non-hybrid Accords.

I believe you lose about 2 cu/ft with the hybrid due to the battery pack. You hardly notice it since the front of the trunk is pushed back only about an additional 2 inches. It does suck not to have the option of fold-down rear seats. However, in over three years of owning this car, I have never had the need to have the rear seat folded down.

The rubber antenna is where it is on the hybrid because the engineers wanted to move the FM antenna the farthest away from the IMA engine that they could. So they mounted it on top of the XM antenna.

Of course, the wheels being different has already been mentioned. They're designed for reduced unsprung weight to help with fuel economy. They're also said to be more areodynamic to also help with fuel economy. If that's the case, the engineers should put those wheels on ALL their cars!

Another difference is the "spoiler" on the trunk lid. It's standard on the hybrid and an option on the non-hybrid. Supposedly, it decreases drag and increases fuel economy. FINALLY! A spoiler that's functional!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Enthusiast

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord03.html

Here's a good place to buy those accessories

Old 12-17-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by scizolt
I notice there is a mpg by the speedo and one in the navigation. The speedo one says 27mpg and the Navigation one say 34mpg. What is the difference between the two?
Both MPG displays get fuel consumption and/or distance data from different components, so their values will differ. Sounds like yours is off by quite a bit. I've never seen mine off by 7 MPG. I think the average is around 2 MPG. I wonder if the previous owner changed the calibration values in your Navi system?

Also, as far as the wheels go, hybrid and non-hybrid have identical bolt patterns. However, I don't know if they're the same as a Mazda. Keep in mind also that you have to watch for offset, not just bolt patterns and diameter. I'm just guessing that the stock Mazda wheels will be heavier than the stock hybrid Accord wheels. You'll lose MPG, but it might be so small that it might not make much of a difference. You can always try it out, and if you're unhappy, switch back.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

The bolt pattern is the same as the Mazda 5x114.3. Yes I have been researching the backspacing and offset. I havent found a definite on that yet. I also would agree that they would probably be heavier. Exactly my thought if I dont like it I can always switch back!
I think as far as changes right now the 2 biggest on my list are some nice tint and the rims and tires.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:10 PM

The stock wheels look pretty nice! You're not happy with them?

As Georgej has said, H & A Accessories is a great place for OEM Honda parts and a few aftermarket things. Definitely check them out. I've placed 3 or 4 orders from them in the past and have always been pleased with the price and the parts.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

It's not that I am unhappy with them. I just enjoy customizing my vehicles. Plus the rims would come at a great price.
I did check out H & A they do have a lot of good stuff. I see some things that I think I would like to purchase. Thanks everyone for all of the great input.
One other question can the DVD player play videos? I doubt it will, but thought I would ask anyways.

Quick Reply: Hybrid and Standard Accord Accessories

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands