I have been noticing a vibration coming from engine when IMA is engaged

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default I have been noticing a vibration coming from engine when IMA is engaged

Sometimes when I drive and the IMA kicks in Asst. or Chrg. I notice some kind of slight vibration coming form the front/engine. Have you guys felt that?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I have been noticing a vibration coming from engine when IMA is engaged

can't say that I have. My wife says she can sometimes feel the ECO engage and disengage. I'm not allowed to drive it since it's "her" car so I don't have as many miles under my belt yet. lol

I saw another post about needing to have the IMA calibrated. You may need the same.

This is the second "issue" you've posted about. A thorough check-up at the dealer may be in order.

Brant

Old 10-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I have been noticing a vibration coming from engine when IMA is engaged

For what it's worth, no, I haven't felt it. One of the most pleasant attributes of my HAH is how smooth it is in all modes.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

No, still totally silky smooth at 5300 miles. I don't feel IMA or ECO engage, but I do intuitively know when they are working without watching the indicators now.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

nothing here, but i'll look for it.

vibs when the motor kicks in under both conditions (assist&charge) indicates physically its off-balance or being fed voltage at the wrong place/time. There's a thread in here about "rotator position calibration" which sounds like a BS thing but is not.
thread:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ight.1700.html

The dealer might be able to test the IMA assembly and see if vibration is within spec. That's a standard procedure with rotary equipment in many places, but not sure if a dealer has the equipment for it.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've felt a slight change in velocity maybe three times now. Not that it's shuddering or vibrating, but a quick hesitation as the IMA engages/disengages.